Mother Withdraws Permission for Transfusion After "Support" from JWs

by blondie 13 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.examiner.ie/pport/web/opinion/Full_Story/did-sgbN3QtsldBicsg0aewFBADppk.asp

You need to register to logon

Irish Examiner.com

06/08/04

Life-saving operation - Right to life outweighs religious ethic THE High Court decision to order a life-saving operation to proceed on a five-month-old baby girl, despite her mother?s objection on religious grounds, was the only course of action to follow.

Effectively, it clears the way for surgeons at Our Lady?s Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin, Dublin, to carry out the transfusion of blood and blood products in an operation next Wednesday to save the life of the hole-in-the-heart baby.

Initially, her mother had consented to the unqualified use of blood and blood products but withdrew permission following ?support? from her Jehovah?s Witness community.
    While society has a bounden duty to encompass the beliefs enshrined in different religions, a person?s right to life, and especially that of a child, is paramount and must take precedence over religious objections to certain conventional treatments.

In life and death cases, where doctors are unable to persuade parents to do what is best for their child, there are compelling grounds for the courts to intervene.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/front/2004/0806/pf3817187124HM1JEHOVAH.html

Court allows baby to have surgery

06/08/2004

A five-month-old baby girl is to undergo heart surgery in Dublin next week after the High Court yesterday extended an order overruling opposition on religious grounds from her mother to the treatment, writes Martin Wall

The court was told that the baby's mother, a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses community, had withdrawn her consent to the use of blood and blood products in the treatment of her daughter.

Mr Justice Abbott yesterday allowed Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin to proceed with the transfusion of blood and blood products as part of an operation scheduled for next Wednesday to save the life of the baby.

The presiding minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses community in Dublin, Mr Arthur Matthews, told The Irish Times last night that such court cases were very uncommon.

He said many surgeons agreed to carry out "bloodless surgery" when a member of the community required an operation. The Jehovah's Witnesses community observed an instruction in the Bible to abstain from blood, he added.

There have been two similar cases in recent years of the courts or the health authorities overruling the objections of members of the Jehovah's Witnesses community to blood transfusions for their children. One case was in Waterford and the other in Belfast.

The baby was born with a hole in her heart last March and was transferred to Crumlin.

At first the baby's mother had agreed to the use of blood and blood products as part of the treatment. However, the court heard that following "support" from the Jehovah's Witnesses community, she had later withdrawn her consent.

© The Irish Times

• Neo
    Neo

Thank you Blondie for the article!

the court heard that following "support" from the Jehovah's Witnesses community, she had later withdrawn her consent.

Mr. Martin Wall,

Congratulations for writing support in between quotation marks.

Neo

• kls
    kls

Yet another JW saving themselves from the blood doctrine knowing the courts will step in . Talk about abusing the system.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yeah, elders, keep providing that unasked for "support" and even worldly reporters might wonder how much free will was part of that woman's decision. Here's hoping the baby comes through the surgery hale and hearty.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I wonder if she got in trouble for giving her consent at first and then changed her mind after the "support" was given. She was probably pulled into the lil back room.

• avengers
    avengers
    Mr Justice Abbott yesterday allowed Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children in Crumlin to proceed with the transfusion of blood and blood products as part of an operation scheduled for next Wednesday to save the life of the baby.

Smart person. !!! Wish this person would have been around when my baby needed surgery. She might still have been alive today.

The presiding minister of the Jehovah's Witnesses community in Dublin, Mr Arthur Matthews, told The Irish Times last night that such court cases were very uncommon.

Someone should beat his head around for awhile for meddling into things which he know nothing about. (__|__).

Thanks for the info Blondie.

Andy

• maybesbabies
    maybesbabies

wow... it's so overwhelmingly sick to think that a mother could be swayed to disregard her childs life for a hope of "paradise erf", spurred on by a group fanatics and misguided zealots. And I used to be one of them.... my stomach is literally tied up in knots right now.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Thank you Blondie!We can always trust that you are on the ball.

Below is copy of my letter to the editor@ Irish Times

Court allows baby to have surgery
    Irish Times (subscription), Ireland - 10 hours ago
    The court was told that the baby's mother, a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses community, had withdrawn her consent to the use of blood and blood products in ...
    'Doctors should make transfusion dilemma decisions' online.ie 2004 ... - Online.ie
    High Court ruling on surgery for baby - RTE Interactive
    all 6 related »

BOGUS BLOOD BAN

Jehovah's Witnesses adhere to an unscriptural position for Christians( kosher law) How risky is a Blood transfusion (low)? A comparison of transfusion risks to the risks of dying from other common causes: Serious disease or death from transfusion : 1 chance in 200,000 / year Death from electrocution: 1 chance in 200,000 / year Death from drowning: 1 chance in 35,000 / year Death from a car accident: 1 chance in 7,000 / year Death from pneumonia or influenza: 1 chance in 3,000 / year Death from cancer: 1 chance in 500 / year Death from stroke or heart disease: 1 chance in 300 / year Source: Canadian Hemophilia Society

Check out these links: http://www.ajwrb.org/ http://www.towertotruth.net/Articles/blood_transfusions.htm http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/trauma/case/case_07.html [Discovery Channel Video] http://www.pennhealth.com/health_info/bloodless/blood_jchart.html The Watchtower's Bogus Blood ban.It is so twisted,( to obstruct lawsuits ).Selected, JW elders receive special,( esoteric ) indoctrination just to try to make sense of it.

Remember,always do that, 'regression analysis'.Just where the heck did it all come from ?

........Well,Watchtower Leader 'detox' Joe Rutherford,got a 'burr' on his butt,back in the 1940's about blood.They knew it was bogus back then.It's an overextension of the old testament kosher law,which DOESN'T apply to New Testament Christians..

They thought that the end of the world was a coming back then,(1940ish).Sooooooooo, there wouldn't be much of a body count causality.

Now with Blood on their hands,and the murder of thousands of innocent minor children,how can they account for the body count, if they repeal it outright now?

More importantly, to them,the WT$ would be sued,for mega-bucks,for all the wrongful death lawsuits.

So,as you can see before your very own eyes,they are eroding away gradually the dogma,eventually the day will come,when "new light" will "flash up" from Jehovah.and it will be dissolved. HELLO! What about all the dead kids!

By the way the chief symptom of my 28 year horror show with bleeding ulcerative colitis was, profuse bloody bowel movements on the order of 20-30 x's a day.It created enormous stress for me to know I could bleed to death at any moment. Yet,as a devout Jehovah's Witness I was indoctrinated to refuse a blood transfusion! danny9.jpg (22948 bytes) <Click to enlarge my poster.

MORE:Governing Body as evil rulers causing death

I am Bearing witness to the Watchtower holocaust Watchtower Whistle Blower www.DannyHaszard.com
  • Special K
    Special K

Hi Blondie.

Sad story that parents have to be pulled back in forth between court and J.W.'s

It's obvious the J.w. community put the pressure on this family and then they changed their minds....

I had a friend who was head nurse of the neo-natal unit in Boston Mass, for a number of years.

she said it always sickened her when parents had made up their minds and then their J.W. family and friends would come in a pressure them to not allow proper medical treatment for the child.

On some occasions, when things got down to the wire. The parents would go into her office and privately ask her (on the side) to get the courts to please please take their baby and give it the proper medical treatment.. without the J.W's knowledge. They were desparately looking for a way out from the J.W.'s wrath in efforts to save their children.

Special K

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I was just about to post this. I heard a member of the HLC on a Dublin radio station this morning. I only caught the tail end of the discussion but I figured there must have been a reason for it.

See also:

http://www.online.ie/news/viewer.adp?article=3144275
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0805/surgery.html

I will try to find out what I can and post any further information.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit