Illustration of burning cities while JW's rejoice?

by gaiagirl 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I remember once seeing an older Watchtower publication, I believe it was a study book from the late '60s or early '70s, in which one illustration showed a city with large buildings in the background, all burning and in ruins. In the foreground, a group of well-groomed JW's smile joyously and raise their arms in praise to Jehovah, apparantly thanking him for destroying civilization, but at least allowing them to live.

The picture was a little unsettling at the time, and now with the threat of terrorism, even more so.

Does anyone remember which publication this image was from?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Most likely in the tooth book

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Gotta love that Quotes webpage!!!!

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/pictures.htm

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

The " From Paradise Lost To Paradise Regained" 1958 pages 208 & 209 book had some awful pictures of armaggeddon.

alt

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I can't think of very many publications that DO NOT have those types of pictures of death and destruction, while the JW's have gleeful, happy looks on their faces. Even the children's books have those same types of pictures. I remember having the Paradise book when I was a small child, and some of those pictures scared the living beejeebies outta me, and would even have nightmares from seeing them.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually the armegeddon pics were the only thing worth looking at when i was a kid. Oddly most new books are armageddon free or armageddon lite. Probally because they have changed armaggedon so much that it is hard to depict crediblely.

• Undaunted Danny
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I am guessing you mean this one:

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

The power of conditioning never ceases to amaze me. Looking back, I can remember this piccie, and not being phased by it at all, maybe even thrilled by it a little. Now, it seems disturbing!! Very disturbing!!

Bull!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

gotta love that Paradise lost Book...what a bundle of sheer Joy that was!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit