In memorial of my cat...

by Tashawaa 40 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

Tash, go to the Humane Society and pick yourself up another cat. Look for the cutest one and take it home and love it. The cat will love you for giving it a good home and you can make a new best friend

You can 't replace the love you lost but time does help and with a new friend it will go faster.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

KLS, I'd love to BUT, I still have an old, tancherous (???spelling???), simese at home!!!! This "baby of mine" is 13 years old, and WOULD HATE me if I brought home a cute kitten!!!! Trust me.

I still have my one companion, and remembering, loving, my lost kittie - sharing it with you guys helps!

*** both by the way were adopted from the SPCA ***

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

Tashawaa,

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I have lost a kitty too and it was very sad. His name was mulignane, moolie for short,(pronunced - mull-e) he was all black, except for a white spot on his chest and had 7 claws and thumbs. And yes, my many black friends thought his name was hysterical and loved him. He was unusually clever and used his claws to do things other cats could not. He would pick up marbels, climb vertical concrete walls and as a kitten would manage to get out of any cage I could put him to keep him from biting my toes while I slept, gaining an additional name of houdini. He was lost on Halloween, the one night a year I tried to keep him in, but he was houdini, got out and never returned.

to your kitty

SD

• codeblue
    codeblue

I am so sorry!!!

• Margie
    Margie

Oh my gosh, I feel like crying for you. I'm so sorry about your loss. That your neighbor had the decency to act so that your kitty was spared unnecessary suffering must be a comfort to you. It is so difficult to lose a pet who was there for you when it felt like others were abandoning you in your time of need. Of course you need to grieve for her, but with time the pain will diminish and your memories of her will make you smile again.

One of my 2 cats died almost 4 years ago at age 14 and I still miss my little calico meatball. (She was fat I mean big boned up until she got sick.) And unlike your compassionate worldly neighbor, my (supposedly) anointed JW grandfather suggested that I "divest [myself] of the animal" instead of spending money on her healthcare. What an ass.

• RR
    RR

I'm so sorry to hear about that. I've had cats all my life. the last cat I has was 16, found her in the back yard, in fact she's still there!

WHAT??

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

(((((((((Tashawaa))))))))) I'm so sorry to hear about your feline friend. My heart goes out to you.

TB

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

Tashawaa, I'm so sorry for your loss!

RR, that was unkind!

- CF

• Purza
    Purza

Tashawaa,

I am so sorry for your loss. I too once had I cat I loved -- she has been gone 12 years now. I still think of her fondly.

And RR -- how could you be so insensitive!!!!

Purza

• Mulan
    Mulan

I really feel for you. We had to have our one remaining cat put to sleep last year. She was 17 and just the sweetest kitty we ever had, but she was sick and very old in cat years. They are so loyal and loving that they really leave a huge void. The other cat we got the same day, from a different litter, was put to sleep 7 years ago because she had kidney disease. I bawled for hours that time.

I still miss my cats.

Our dog is 14 and has hip problems, doesn't eat much anymore, and has a lump on her back. I can't stand the thought of losing her too. We took her camping and she had a great time though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit