Curious.......

by cameo 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo
    cameo

Hi!

Don't know if this has been asked before (and sorry if it has). This is for all the "born-into" former Witnesses:

If you hadn't been born into the religion, do you think you would have become a Witness sometime in your life?

• Been there
  • cameo
    cameo

I'll take that as a "no". hee hee

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

What a difficult question.

It's like asking what it's like to be a boy, or a certain age, and how it mmight be otherwise...

I'd like to think not, as my mind has always been a tad open, but who can say?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

No ... "didn't bought it for good" even in being born in

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Absolutely not.

• Simon
    Simon

Everyone will say "no" ... right? And yet people *do* join ... so some of us are delluding ourselves.

BTW: My answer is "no" too ... but then that's knowing what I know now.

The important thing for me is that my kids probably won't because I can warn them about religions like this.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I was an adult convert, and I used to look around at all the ones who were raised in it and think "they would never have become JW on their own".

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

It is doubtful that I would have chosen the JW religion had I not been raised in the sect.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Had to pop into this thread to say hi to Athanasius. BTW, I still like your picture, Athan. Hey, do you still have the sketch of that picture that I drew for you?

Now back to the topic. No, I would not have chosen the JWs or any religion.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit