Anyone notice "Road Rules" on MTV tonight?

by Armistead 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Armistead
    Armistead

The new contestant is a former JW and spoke fairly extensively about her experience growing up and how she was abused by the organization and raped by someone in her congregation.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

WoW!! No I missed that. Which coast are you on? I'm on the West Coast. Is it the new episode, or a re-run? I may still have time to check it out

• lilacia
    lilacia

Yes, I saw it. It was a surprising event, considering that the MTV production and editing crew has 24/7 worth of footage to air, that they would put this to air. I know Burnim-Murray has production credits but I wondered the value and worth of this info from the new member to the viewing public. I give full respect to her to sharing the personal info and only hope she can gain more strength from identifying her experience rather than identifying herself as a victim of the JW organization. To place such events in the past, allows us the freedom to move forward.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I think it was a key point for them to include. A few years ago on the Real World show they had a girl who was Mormon, and was going to be kicked out of her University for participating in the show. Unfortunately they focused on her religion, and she soon became a spokesman for their religion. I think it's about time they cast a girl like this one. I often thought it would make for an interesting character. And I liked the way they showed her as responsible, already set in a career, more mature than the rest of the cast. I dont think they painted her as a victim at all. I liked how she was pretty much matter of fact about things too.

Thanks Armistead for sharing this info. I had enough time to check out the show.

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

The re-run episode is on in an hour!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit