A Short Overview of Coercive Mind Control Tactics

by Lady Lee 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Waiting

I think Tactic 4 would apply for the hair thing

TACTIC 4

Make the person re-evaluate the most central aspects of his or her experience of self
    and prior conduct in negative ways. Efforts are designed to destabilize and undermine the subject's basic consciousness, reality awareness, world-view, emotional control and defense mechanisms. The subject is guided to reinterpret his or her life's history and adopt a new version of causality.

How we dress, wear our hair etc is part of our sense of self. A huge part of the indoctrination is directed towards the dress code of the JWS. A few years ago when I took a friend to see what an assembly was like she was awed at how everyone dressed alike. Long dresses, shirts and ties w/ jactet for men and even the children in many cases. A person can't even start preaching until they "look right".

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    TACTIC 4
    Make the person re-evaluate the most central aspects of his or her experience of self

Didn't you ever feel like they were trying to steal and quash your individuality? "You paint as a hobby? You sew for you daughter? JWs do not have time for such things since we are sooo close to the end. There will be plenty of time to do that in the new system. For now you should spend all of your spare time in service." I always felt like they were trying to make uniform, cookie cutter, drone/clones out of us. We were to have no real individuality.

Flyin'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit