How many witness marriages would end in divorce

by boy@crossroads 12 Replies latest jw friends

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

were it not for the witness view of marriage as an eternal bond how many witness couples would have gone their separate ways? Based on what I've personally seen I would say at least 75%.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Witnesses also eat children

• doogie
    doogie

mmm...children...(gurgle)...

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Although I'm not completely sure, I think the witnesses would at least frown upon cannibalism

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Have you eaten a child, Captain? I hope your avatar isn't a home picture!!!!!!!!

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

b/c its what I do best!!!

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Seriously though, how many witness couples do you know enjoy being around each other? I think a lot of them are unhappy b/c more emphasis is placed on the marriage aspect instead of finding someone that is compatable.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I know my Mom wuld have left my dad a Long time ago if it wasn't for their strong views...... in fact, I don't think they'd have made it to the aisle in the first place if it wasn't for an elder poking his nose in!!

Bull!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know an exact percentage but, if sisters started asserting themselves more instead of being in subjection, lots of those marriages would end. I know when I dared start making some of my own decisions, my ex dumped me within five years. As long as those brothers have an easy ride they'll honor the divorce rules, but once they figure out that their wives are people with opinions and feelings and power, their respect for vows is very, very weak if non existent.

I did know a few couples who were happy though. In those marriages the husbands didn't beat their wives over the head with headship. They cherished and respected their wives and power was never an issue. Those are the marriages that are happy and will stay intact.

Flyin'

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i was shocked when my ex cheated on me how many people told me who's spouses had cheated and look how great their marriage is! what i saw was women who hated their spouses guts and only put a smile on their face at the hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit