Apostate Muslims

by WildHorses 10 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I happened across this site while looking at someones profile that I met on a news group. I find the site interesting and theought maybe some of you would also.

http://apostatesofislam.com/media.htm

And they have a forum also.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/forum/

Shari

I just went to read this guys personal webpage and he had this picture posted on it. Reminded me of the days of segregation.

• gumby
    gumby

Intresting.....other apostate heathen bastards exist elsewhere!

I thought it was interesting that out of 75 people on the apostate list of that forum....only 11 of them turned christian. Many were atheists. I wonder if the percentage there......is close to the percentage HERE ....as far as which road exiters take.

Gumby

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Gumby, I think that most of the time anyone who has been in any type of cult tends to shy away from religion when they leave it. Me, I still believe in God, just not religion.

BTW, I wrote this guy an e-mail and he sent me a link to his story. I'll post it for eveyone here.

• gumby
    gumby

Wow.....a true "zealot" eh?

Then John surprised me by coming to visit me in my village. That was the first time I saw a real Christian. His sincerity, frankness, genuineness, and openness impressed me. John stayed with me for two months. He had an amazing prayer life which served as a model for me in my latter life. I did not know that Christians prayed until I saw a "living epistle" right in the middle of my house, a man from a far off land who became one of us and genuinely incarnated the love of Christ. John had an amazing prayer life, for he prayed more than he talked, speaking the words of the Bible. I became jealous of John's intimacy with God and increased my recitations of the Quran

Basically what I got out of his letter was......he liked the christian story a lot better because he learned he could be forgiven of his sins, which as a Muslim...he could never accomplish.

I saw a lot of similarities we see in ex-witnesses who convert. They like the religion in which they can be happy god doesn't require perfection........just blind faith in his son.

Thanks for posting that WildHorses.......intresting!

Gumby

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I know one thing for sure. He went through alot of pain. Losing his mother because he left the Muslim religion and was arrested many times.

He wrote telling me he is now in the US. I sent him a "Welcome" e-mail.

Funny, our e-mailing started because of some people posting racist remarks on a news group. I wanted to let him know that not all of us Americans were racist.

• gumby
    gumby

You should invite him here.........or should you?

Gumby

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I thought about it as I think that anyone who has left a cult has something in common.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hey Gumby, take a look at this guys story.

He said: I was born to Muslim parents, and I'm a descendent of 'Ali Ibn Abu Talib the cousin of Mohammed, the prophet of Islam, and the fourth Caliph (i.e., "ruler").

http://www.answering-islam.org/Testimonies/athanasios.html

• gumby
    gumby

One night in a dream, I saw a vision of a man with a beard talking to me:

"Son", he asked me, "why do you attack my sheep?"
    I replied, "Who are you sir?"
    He answered, "Jesus Christ"
    So, I answered his question, "I'm not attacking your sheep, sir, I'm trying to bring your lost sheep back to the straight path."
    He said, "You are the one who is lost; I'm the straight path."

Yeah.....he's one of the lucky bastards who gets to have a dream or vision unlike 99.9% of all of us

I guess Jesus didn't care too much when we all exited the borg and cried for help, because the majority of us have never had a dream like that. Sheesh....I ain't even lucky enough to have a nasty drean once in awhile, and this guy gets jesus in his dreams and he wasn't even thinkin bout Jesus when he went to sleep!

I all seriousness.....I suppose if these ones in these experiences can go to their grave and be happy and content they have found the answer.......then it's all good as long as they hurt nobody including themselves. ( I think)

Gumby

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL , Gumby. I can't say if these guys really saw Jesus in their dreams or not. The mind is a mystery and can play tricks on us. Even I have had a dream of Jesus once.

The thing I found interesting is the things they went through when they left their religion. I thank God I don't live in their countries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit