Missing Old Friends

by littlemike 13 Replies latest jw friends

• littlemike
    littlemike

Even though you have left the faith and after reading Crisis if Conscience etc and you konw it is not the truth and would never go back do you still misss some of your friends in there. I was in it for 42 years from birth and it still upsets me that my lifelong fiends have vanished. We are making new friends, but i actually liked a lot of these people. That is the sad thing and I dont think there is anything you can do about it

• kls
    kls

No LittleMike, there is nothing we can do about it and i am sorry. That is something the Org. has done but maybe someday those friends you miss will leave the cult . Never give up hope ,things change everyday and so do people.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I do miss peopel yes and that is another reason why I still go to some meetings

• littlemike
    littlemike

i agree, but its so wrong and so unfair yet the Society get away with this mass brainwashing that has left all of scarred for life.

Why should you lose every aquaintance its disgusting

• littlemike
    littlemike

emporer class you still go to some meetings!!

How do you cope with tht knowing what you know. Do you answer in the watchtower

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

United Kingdom, England, East Riding of Yorkshire

littlemike - There is no East Riding of Yorkshire - and there never was either to my knowledge -at least there was a Rutland and a Westmoreland

• littlemike
    littlemike

Yes there is an East Riding Of Yorkshire!. I live there

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The majority,no i dont miss at all,but i have left 1 very,very close friend behind.Even though im only faded,i never see him though he has said i would be welcome round his anytime!But,i know it would involve constant ear bashing from him to come back..cant just be Mates eh. Thats yet another by-product of totally 100% conditional love.

Also,it distresses me seeing this Great bloke wasting time knocking on doors 80 hours a month and sweeping Floors for a living when he is clearly cut out for so much more!!Grrrr

• Purza
    Purza

I hear you littlemike. My best friend is still my "best friend" and we will always be a part of each other's lives, but there were other relationships that I cultivated that I seriously miss. I got engaged last week and I can't run around and tell everyone how happy I am and that totally sucks.

All in all though I am glad I am not part of THAT organization anymore and I am happier than I have ever been. Every once in a while I get a twinge of nostalgia.

Purza

• littlemike
    littlemike

Hi Fleaman. I agree. I work in an office on the docks and today a group of Witnesses were visiting the ships. One person was a relative of mine and i must admit I simply thought what a waste of time.

Then your brain goes in reverse and you think well they could be doing worse or at least they are teaching about God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit