Atheists at it again

by Rex B13 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Who hates 'who', old friend?
    Wouldn't you rather let your sweet old mom go out peaceful and happy? If any of these buddies of yours went up to her and screamed in her face wouldn't you bust them? Yet, this is what you encourage here!
    I see people here who have a obvious goal of destroying people by ripping away their last vestiges of hope. If you have nothing to offer a drowning person but an anchor what's the point?
    If I thought that there was no God or nothing to affect the future of my family and fellow JWs then I would leave them in their relative zone of happiness in the Borg.
    Indeed, if one believes there is no God, then why make other's miserable and maybe suicidal when what they don't know won't hurt them?
    Of course, if the Borg had not been a lie in the first place....The WTS is responsible for that suffering but I lay some of the blame for depression and suicides right at the feet of those who are so anxious to destroy another person's world-view with nothing better to offer.
    Rex
    "A little faith brings your soul to heaven, a lot of faith brings heaven to your soul." C.H. Spurgeon

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dub-dub,

It is late and I'm very tired. I and two other friends rode up and down hills in San Diego all of today and we logged over fifty miles on our bikes. I'm now 53 years old and doing stuff like that hurts these old bones and muscles!

You said:

: Who hates 'who', old friend?

I don't hate anyone, least of all you. You know that because we ARE old friends.

: Wouldn't you rather let your sweet old mom go out peaceful and happy?

Sure, I would. I hardly ever bring up dub stuff around her. She does and then attacks me with the most irrational stuff I've ever heard. Shoot! YOU were a dub and you know this to be true! My Mom picks on me and I have this humanity about me that won't let a lie about me or her beliefs go unchallenged. May God forgive me for speaking against lies. God IS truth! The Bible says that.

: If any of these buddies of yours went up to her and screamed in her face wouldn't you bust them?

Bulldust, and that is a big red herring, dub-dub. Firstly, you presuppose that my "buddies" actually "scream" to make a point. You are wrong. AlanF and others of my friends are very soft-spoken people. What they say in print is only "screaming" for those who don't want to hear their evidence.

Secondly, you set forth a hypothetical question, which has not happened, but I can guess that would happen with my sweet mother if any of my evil "apostate" friends would by chance speak to her: she would immediately go totally braindead. She does it with me on a weekly basis, and I'm at least the equal of those "apostate" friends of mine. Well, maybe I'm not their "equal", but I'm no dummy. How's that?

: I see people here who have a obvious goal of destroying people by ripping away their last vestiges of hope.

Translation: they offer actual facts and don't offer fantasies.

Please re-read this sentence you wrote above and think long and hard about it:

"I see people here who have an obvious goal of destroying people by ripping away their last vestiges of hope."

Did God make us to live in fantasies for His benefit? If so, why did he give us the ability to use logic and reason? This is a fair question. Do you have a decent and rational answer for that one?

: If you have nothing to offer a drowning person but an anchor what's the point?

Cute. Well, if people ARE actually drowning I would deal with the matter differently. I do not want to see anyone drown. If you are drowning, dub-dub, then please write me. I will give you my phone number. We can talk live. I love you, guy. I've known you and watched you for years. If you you are just tossing out some broad generalization, then I challenge you to provide evidence that giving facts is the same thing as giving an anchor to those who are drowning. If you can't do that, then you must acknowledge that people who actually state facts are evil and as evil folks, they destroy peoples myths and superstitions by merely providing truth. This is problamatic for true believers, to say the least.

In the past, people were murdered for being honest, too: By "true Christians," who slaughtered them by the bucket-fulls, not so incidentally due to the fact that those victims actually pointed out problems in those believer's faith(s). You cannot have it both ways: either you kill or silence honest people who deliver provable facts, or you let them speak and some people who believe in myths and superstitions will have all of their fantasies destroyed. If a believer is disappointed that that believer's cherished beliefs have just been shattered and a skeptic who provided evidence for that believer to be disappoined is then murdered, the rational person would have to ask him/herself "which is the bigger and more culpable crime before God being committed here?" Was the person who showed a delusional/non-evidential person that that person was living in delusions the REAL "criminal?" Should the delusional/non-evidential person be grateful for seeing some actual facts? Or should the delusional/non-evidential person seek to have the fact-seeker and presenter murdered at the first opportunity? In this little essay we are seeing how religion actually works: get rid of those who disagree with our little beliefs.

But I've digressed here.

: If I thought that there was no God or nothing to affect the future of my family and fellow JWs then I would leave them in their relative zone of happiness in the Borg.

You have set up a classic false dilemma, my friend. You are assuming an either/or situation without reasoning that there is a third, fourth, fifth alternative. Do not make life-choices on such a faulty conclusion, is my humble opinion.

: Indeed, if one believes there is no God, then why make other's miserable and maybe suicidal when what they don't know won't hurt them?

There are many who believe there is no God and they just go their merry way in that belief. Some of them actually explain why they believe that way and you assume that by their arguments they make "other's lives miserable?" What? An argument from an atheist is enough to make other's lives miserable? Did the Crusades make other lives miserable? How about the Inquisition? Were the Crusades about a written argument on a discussion board that only expressed someone's arguments and thoughts? NO! They whacked HEADS OFF back then!

Keep your passion, dub-dub. Unlike some of my friends and others, I Champion you to express your ideas thoughts and prejudices, too! Keep them coming! Enjoy your new freedom to be what ever you want to be! Discussion boards produce ideas, and I for one love hearing ideas from all sorts of people, and that includes your own ideas, dub-dub.

As always, I will address your arguments, and try to stay away from attacking you. You whacked me personally with your latest round, and I took that in stride. I know you. And I care about your and your growth and spiritual health. (Whatever THAT means.)

Your bud as always,

Farkel
    Mr. Mean Class

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Seeker,

It is strange to behold the workings of a superstitious mind. Jehovah's Witnesses always asssume that a fellow JW leaving the Borg
    has been "lead" away by someone. Now we see old WW, suffering from the same delusion about "leaders". Why is it such a completely foreign idea to these people that an individual can reason him/herself into conlusions on their own?

Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit