Satan's Direct Attack

by UnDisfellowshipped 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Poztate
    Poztate

Hey UD,

That is a nice catch.I always like to see them put their foot in their mouth...It sure seems to happen a lot lately.That is what happens when the lawyers are in charge of the Borg..

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Whats an even more bizaar contradiction is to say that Satan as a spirit can not directly attack humans but then have stories about demon attacks. Then also allowing the spirit Jesus and his posse attack and kill humans.

• heathen
    heathen

Peaceful--- To me it does make more sense that God can attack and kill directly . The demons are not that powerful . I personally believe they can attack people but can't kill like a virus or anything like that .

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

A question for the Brits:

In Revelations we have Gog and Magog-

"And when the thousand years are finished, Satan shall be loosed from his prison, and shall go out to seduce the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, and shall draw them to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea." This, then, is his purpose in seducing them, to draw them to this battle. For even before this he was wont to use as many and various seductions as he could continue. And the words "he shall go out" mean, he shall burst forth from lurking hatred into open persecution. For this persecution, occurring while the final judgment is imminent, shall be the last which shall be endured by the holy Church throughout the world, the whole city of Christ being assailed by the whole city of the devil, as each exists on earth. For these nations which he names Gog and Magog are not to be understood of some barbarous nations in some part of the world, whether the Getae and Massagetae, as some conclude from the initial letters, or some other foreign nations not under the Roman government. For John marks that they are spread over the whole earth, when he says, "The nations which are in the four corners of the earth," and he added that these are Gog and Magog. The meaning of these names we find to be, Gog, (a roof), Magog, (from a roof )- a house, as it were, and he who comes out of the house. They are therefore the nations in which we found that the devil was shut up as in an abyss, and the devil himself coming out from them and going forth, so that they are the roof, he from the roof. "

In England we have Gog and Magog- who defeated the Giant Humbug and saved Londona....(who of course formed the city of London).

The statues of Gog (right) and Magog (left) in the Great Hall of the Guildhall.

Any connection?

• blondie
    blondie

How many knew that the genocides in Yugoslavia, Liberia, Burundi and Rwanda was an attempt by the Devil to wipe of JWs according to the WTS?

w95 1/1 p. 6 Triumphing Over Satan and His Works ***

Having failed to annihilate God?s loyal people by persecutions, in his anger he attempts to massacre entire populations, no doubt with a view to destroying Jehovah?s people along with the rest. Thus so-called ethnic cleansing has been carried out in parts of the former Yugoslavia, and genocides have been attempted in Liberia, Burundi, and Rwanda.

Blondie

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Gumby, don't be a bastard now, I like those big letters!

I hate these teeny ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit