Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) do you feel it?

by sparrowdown 13 Replies latest jw friends

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Autonomous sensory meridian response.

Any thoughts about or experiences with this sensation?

• zeb
    zeb
    and that is?
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton
    I love it and use it to help meditate.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Thanks for responding Amelia, I have experienced this sensation since childhood and only recently found out it was an actual thing. Though from what I understand not everyone experiences it. I have read that it can help with insomnia and as I don't like taking sleep meds I was interested in hearing if anyone has found it to be useful for that.

Zeb - ASMR is a particular sensation felt as a pleasant tingling feeling usually on the scalp or shoulders, it is very relaxing and can be triggered by certain sounds or activities. If you have ever experienced this you would recognize the description immediately.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I believe when I was a child with insomnia I used this. I would replay certain memories and they would put me into a sleep state, something I had to discover on my own like a sort of bio feedback
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Wow... twice inside of as many days I came across this condition.I wasn't looking for it... was actually searching for a specific song by a soft-voiced female singer, but couldn't remember any of the words. But, can't get the tune or tone of voice out of my head. Came across this.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/53220/listening-soft-voices-can-cause-brain-orgasms

• Simon
    Simon
    Yes! I never knew it had a name or was a thing though.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Would this explain the time I was meditating, begging for contact from a spirit being, and then felt a hand on my shoulder? It was pretty awesome.

• cofty
    cofty

I could not stand more than 10 seconds of that woman gasping about how to fold a towel.

I am not being sarcastic when I say I physically could not tolerate it. 

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    Ha, I know what you mean cofty, the whispering woman does nothing for me either. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit