OMG... Google is down!

by Elsewhere 21 Replies latest jw friends

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Go to Google Home
    Web Images Groups News Froogle more »
    Advanced Search
    Preferences
    Web Results 1 - 10 of about 11,000,000 for elsewhere [definition]. (0.19 seconds)
    Sponsored Links
    Elsewhere
    Download 10 Songs for Free! Great
    Selection & No Obligations. Sign Up
    www.ez-tracks.com

eBay: Elsewhere
    Great deals on hard to find items.
    Free & easy registration! Aff.
    eBay.com
    See your message here...

The *Elsewhere* Vangelis site

... About Vangelis' Greek sixties band "The Forminx". [By Sufian Irhimeh]. Blake Neely - Elsewhere interview -. ... Frederick Rousseau - Elsewhere interview -. ...
    elsew.com/ - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

The Postmodernism Generator: Communications From Elsewhere

[ Home ] The Postmodernism Generator: Communications From Elsewhere, ... More generated texts are linked to from the Communications From Elsewhere front page. ...
    www.elsewhere.org/cgi-bin/postmodern/ - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

Communications From Elsewhere
    Communications From Elsewhere. Home » Front Page. 2004/07/22. You Can?t Save Everybody. ... 2004/07/10. Elsewhere outages. Filed under: Meta. ? Josh @ 12:56 pm. ...
    www.elsewhere.org/ - 42k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.elsewhere.org ]
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very strange... I used Remote Desktop to do a search from my home computer and Google worked... but it still does not work from my office.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Google hit by mystery problems

By ZDNet UK Staff, ZDNet UK

Reports are coming in that some users are having trouble accessing Google. Could MyDoom be to blame?

Are you having trouble accessing Google?

The Web search giant appeared to have been hit by an ongoing technical glitch on Monday afternoon that prevented some users around the world from accessing some of its services.

ZDNet UK's attempts to access Google UK's search functionality were unsuccessful, and were met with "Server Error. The service you requested is not available at this time. Service error -27."

The news tab on the Google UK front page also didn't yield results, although http://news.google.co.uk did work.

Colleagues at CNet, ZDNet's sister site, in Boston were able to access Google.com, but those in San Francisco reported intermittent problems.

The Search Engine News Journal has stated that "reports are flying in from across the country that Googles search engine has not been working for the past hour in the United States (11:30 am - 12:30 pm Eastern Standard Time, or 4.30 to 5.30pm BST)"

However, other users reported that the site was functioning well. Google was unable to shed any light at the time of writing. A Google UK spokeswoman wasn't able to confirm any problems and was waiting for an update from the US.

According to unconfirmed reports on Slashdot, the reported outage may have been caused by a new variant of the MyDoom virus, or the source could be Elsewhere

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

or the source could be Elsewhere

Muaahahahaha!!!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Thanks ELSE!

Now I cant look for dirty pics online!

Seriously mine is still down!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Worked for me.....I just looked up "hors d'oeuvres" (whore's d'ovaries) and I found it.

FB

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    "hors d'oeuvres" (whore's d'ovaries) and I found it

lol, hope ya didnt look under the images sextion for that..lol

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Must be the great tribulation starting . . .

Nina

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/26/technology/google_site/index.htm?cnn=yes

Search engines sputter
    Technical difficulties prevent users of Google and other search sites from surfing the Web.
    July 26, 2004: 2:09 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Google stranded some Web surfers Monday, unable to meet visitors' requests for hours that afternoon, and the No. 1 search engine wasn't the only site giving users a headache.

Web site performance slowed broadly, suggesting the possibility that a virus or other Internet attack may be causing problems, said Keynote Systems Inc., a Web performance tracking firm.

The report comes as outages on the search site Google.com were reported in the United States, France and Great Britain, though in many places the site was said to be working normally.

"We are starting to see things creep up," said Keynote spokeswoman Della Lowe. "It could be an indication that something is impacting the Internet overall. We are certainly looking into it and also looking into the possibility of some sort of attack."

The SANS Institute, an online source for Internet security training and an information security research repository, released an article Monday afternoon saying that the latest version of the MyDoom virus was behind Google's problems.

The virus, which started arriving in mail boxes Monday, uses search engines to find more recipients for its message, according to SANS.

Once the virus starts, it searches the user's files for domain names. Then it uses search engines to find valid e-mail addresses within these domains, said the article, adding that Lycos, Google, Altavista and Yahoo are all possible MyDoom targets.

A Google spokesman contacted by CNN/Money said the company had heard a report that the site was down and was looking into the matter, but did not know what the problem was.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Geez Else- Google can find you but you can't find them? I'm so sorry hon !! I hope it gets better soon !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit