Your Thoughts On Headship In Marriage.

by Flash 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Flash
    Flash

God said at Genesis 1:26-27

26) "Let US make man (mankind?) in OUR image, according to OUR likeness... 27) And God proceeded to create THE MAN in HIS image, in His image He created HIM; male and female He created them.

My thoughts are;

If God and His Son made us in their image and God specificly said "the man" is in His image, who's image is the woman created in? In the relationship between God and His Son, who is always the Head and who is always in submission? In marriage, who is always the Head and who is always in submission?

What do you think?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well ... I think NO MARRIAGE ... NO HEADING

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Well it's definitely NOT the woman who is "always" in subjection in marriage in a decent society!

Both partners have their strengths and they pool their combined talents and experience and whoever is best qualified to take the lead in any given circumstance that the couple is dealing with at the moment, does so.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

I believe in equatily. Total 50/50.

If a marriage or parntnership is going to work then both should have a equal say, otherwise one is always taken for granted and troden on.

I saw many witness marriages where wives just hid behind there husbands because they were just to scared or did not know how to make decisions. My marriage was different, I was good at making decisions, they were not always right, and my husband was hopeles at it and could never take any kind of initiative.

I was accused time after time of not showing subjection to my husband, how can you when ther is no headship.

• Scully
    Scully

I'd share my thoughts, but JWD is PG rated.

Love, Scully

• Soledad
    Soledad

who's image is the woman created in?
    in His image He created HIM; male and female He created them.

I always wondered about this. why go from "created him" to "created them?"

someone once explained to me that Hebrew, much like English, is gender-neutral, so therefore HIM can refer to either a male or a female. I'm not sure I believe this, I haven't done anymore research on it.

In marriage, who is always the Head and who is always in submission?

What do you think?

I'm not sure one can fairly compare the relationship between God and Jesus to that of a husband and wife. and if such a comparison can be made, then I can't help but notice how Jesus' role seems to be so much more significant to humanity than that of his Father.

And why use the word "always?"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

All I know is that man being head and woman being in subjection, that whole myth, it sets men up for bitter disappointment with their wives and kids. It doesn't make men, women or children happy.

In a good relationship, headship need never be an issue. Both people will treat each other with respect, kindness and dignity. Neither will ever accuse the other of dominance because under those conditions no one will even dream of dominating the other.

Flyin'

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

My thoughts

• nature teaches us, ie. the study of what humans do (already) provides a conveyance for spiritual communications.
    • literal interpretation of biblical matters, including those on marriage, is a baffoonery and nastiness taken well into the extreme
    • "husband" (word - bridegroom) biblically, is understood by the study of natural man. In the world of the natural animal (man), the man is head of the "house" - it's not that the man should or shouldn't be; it's simply what they do - this knowledge is then utilised to say things spiritually, such as " if her husband dies she is discharged from the law concerning the husband" ie. the soul is released from the word who is not 'living' anymore. "You are right in saying, `I have no husband'; for you have had five husbands"
    • the maid (unmarried soul) at the door (to his heart) said to Peter, "Do you not know Him?"
    • the beauty of the world is astounding, and jwism is just one prison
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I'd share my thoughts, but JWD is PG rated.

Love, Scully

I'm with Scully

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Flash,

What do you think?

I would say this: Forget the Bible, when it comes to marriage,,the book is full of weird stuff about sex and marriage and if you follow it strickly,,, your screwed.

As far as headship in marriage no one should be head. That's so archaic. Just treat each other with respect, don't try to boss each other around and allow for differences. If you can't do that then you should not get married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit