Was Russell innocent from blame of creature worship reguarding himself?

by frankiespeakin 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Farkel
    Farkel

RR,

:JC .... not to brag ....but I'm the author ....Rolando Rodriguez = RR.

JCanon should have known this, since per himself, he's the Messiah incarnate. I guess Messiahship has lower qualifications these days: like knowing stuff like that.

With regards to your reply to my comments. You never really addressed the two simple things I presented:

1) Russell said the FWS was ONE person. I proved this by his own words.
    2) Russell said HE was God's mouthpiece. I proved this by his own words.

3) How can one reach any other conclusion than that Russell considered HIMSELF to be that ONE person? If he didn't think himself to be that person, then he should have followed that other person instead of continuing to promote his own religion. But he didn't, did he?

(You're still a dub at heart, aren't you? :) )

Farkel

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

On,

I've had some extended conversations about this issue, and have always (and, yes, to a degree, still am) inclined to see Russell as much less Machiavellian than Rutherford. Perhaps it's only a matter of "scale"?

I think Russell was not "much less" but only slightly less machiavellian than Rutherford. If faced with the same circumstanses I feel Russell capable of exceeding Rutherford. I base this opinion of mine,, on Russell's actions towards his wife,, as it reveals the legnths to which he would go to keep his position of fame among his followers.

• RR
    RR
    With regards to your reply to my comments. You never really addressed the two simple things I presented:

1) Russell said the FWS was ONE person. I proved this by his own words.
    2) Russell said HE was God's mouthpiece. I proved this by his own words.

Yes, Russell believed and taught till the day he died that the Faithful and wise serfvant was ONE person. Did he personally believed he was that ONE. I don't know, you'll haveto ask him. Do I think he believed he was? Yes I do. Do I personally believe he was? Yes I do!

3) How can one reach any other conclusion than that Russell considered HIMSELF to be that ONE person? If he didn't think himself to be that person, then he should have followed that other person instead of continuing to promote his own religion. But he didn't, did he?

Simple, Russell was not the author of this thought originally. His wife promoted that thought, he did deny it, for some years until he wrote an article examining it and accepted the fact that the servant wasone person. There rest was left to his readership whether or they would acknowledge him as such.

(You're still a dub at heart, aren't you? :) )

Not according to the Dubs!

RR

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here's an interesting clip from 6/15/1914 WT where CT Russell gives advice to a Colporteu r who BTW alludes him as the FWS:

http://www.ctrussell.us/

SOME INTERESTING LETTERS

A MATURING OBLIGATION

DEAR BROTHER IN CHRIST:--

Accept love and greetings from one who has been greatly blessed by your faithful service. For several years I have recognized THE WATCH TOWER publications as the means of grace provided for the "Feet-members" of The Christ--the Anointed.

The information herein desired I feel sure has already been given, had I a mind sufficient to have grasped and retained it. But I hope you will bear with my feebleness and, if you think proper, serve me a morsel of advice.

I have a wife and three children for whom I am able to earn but a bare living. As a Colporteur I have been able to provide as well for my family as by other employment. For some months I have suffered from a peculiar physical weakness, causing a nervous strain which, in turn, affected my mind. My salvation has been in concentrating my attention upon the study of God's great Plan, so that, by His grace, what seemed about to wreck me was turned into a great blessing. I have found, in secret prayer and study, peace of mind which enabled me to bear my disordered condition, although I grew physically weaker.

Having taken up the Colporteur work I find joy and peace in keeping actively engaged in the service, but I can barely make expenses. I am owing a note at bank which will be due October 1st. I have a life-policy for $1,000, and I have an undimmed faith in the correctness of our chronology. In spite of the deadly attacks of Satan I have hope that I shall, through much tribulation, enter the Kingdom.

My question is, Shall I be accounted faithful if I go on in the Colporteur work and leave it to the Lord's providence to provide the $100 to pay the note on October 1st? I have given instructions that in case of my death the note be paid from the policy, as it now appears that the insurance companies may hold up longer than the Church Militant.

I wish to express my deep appreciation of the "meat in due season" provided by our Lord through you, as a "chosen vessel," and that to me, also, the article, "The Peace of God," in the August 1st TOWER was a master-piece and one of the weapons of resisting Satan's attacks upon me. I have learned that there is life in activity, mentally, physically and spiritually.

Pardon my obtruding upon your valuable time. Please do as you see fit in this matter, but I shall be glad to be remembered in your prayers--that I may be given strength to serve acceptably. It is a delight to remember you and all the dear ones at Brooklyn Bethel and everywhere.

Your brother in love, service and hope, __________.

[We advise that you pay the interest in full, immediately, apologizing for delay, stating your excuse and promising to be punctual as possible in the future. Thus the matter may stand for some time, until you can conveniently pay the debt according to the evident original intent of the lender. But if, any time, payment be demanded, you should cash your insurance to pay, or borrow on it.--EDITOR.]

----------
    Sad isn't it??? Tthe guy says his mind is weak and all Russell can do it pontificate his righteousness, instead of giving him some good advice like get some rest and take care of your health or something kind ,,no,,instead no concideration for him or his family even thought this man had absoluted adoration for Russell, What a unfeeling person Russell is! Narsistic???
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

My feeling about Russell are that he was probably spoild when he was younger,, and he needed lots of attention,, and that peoples views of him were very import,,, so important that he invented this god's mouthpiece thing to help him to deal with the pain of peoples rejection of his self righteous manner.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Rutherford eulogy of Russell 12/1/1916 WT:

http://www.ctrussell.us/

Charles Taze Russell loved his fellow-men. Seeing the great truths contained in the Bible, he said, "I must preach these to my fellow-creatures; I must use all my power to lead the people out of darkness, that they may see the love of God." Vehemently he declared, "If the Bible does teach that eternal torture is the fate of all except the saints, it should be preached--yea, thundered from the house-tops weekly, daily, hourly; if it does not so teach, the fact should be made known, and the foul stain dishonoring God's holy name removed."
    With a strong physique, a fertile brain, and a brave heart, wholly devoted to the Lord, he consecrated and used all of his power to teach man the great Message of Messiah's Kingdom and the blessings which it will bring to the world.

Early in his manhood he possessed a fortune of no mean size. He spent it all that the minds of men might be enlightened and their hearts made glad. Early in his battle for righteousness he spent, out of his own private fortune, forty thousand dollars in this great city of New York for the publication and free distribution of a booklet setting forth clearly the Truth concerning the doctrine of the Hell of the Bible, that all might learn that Jehovah is a God of Love.

Other Christian people, sadly aware of the fact that they were not receiving spiritual food in the various churches to which they had attached themselves, had the eyes of their understanding opened by reading their Bibles in the light of the explanation thereof given by Charles Taze Russell. Gladly they began to support him and the righteous work in which he was engaged. Without solicitation or invitation, they joyfully brought forth their money and said, "What can we do to have part in this glorious work which you have begun?"
  • Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is no question in the minds of these Bible Students as to whom the "Wise and Faithful Servant" is, nor the "man with Writer's Ink Horn," nor "The Seventh Messenger."

http://www.biblestudents.org/presence/signs_servant.htm

• minimus
    minimus

Thank you Rolando for that research.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Excellent research Rolando, thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit