Greg Staffords commits on the WT and idolatry

by Daniel Michaels 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• minimus
    minimus

It seems RR has trouble with that thought because there's no proof that he himself said he was the FDS. And yes, RR knows Chuck better than anyone. He's his follower.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I didn't mean to hijack this thread sorry but maybe if RR, would start a thread about Charley T Russell and whether or not he has any blame for being made an idol,, I think some that do research in the publications will find lot of proof,, that he encouraged it,,in one corner of his mouth and discouraged it through a mock humility in the other corner of his mouth.

• RR
    RR

I've done the research, the burden of proof is on you!

RR

• Farkel
    Farkel

Looks like Greg's got one foot out of the Borg's door. Farkel

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>It's interesting to note that Nowhere in Russell's writings does he ever identify himself as the FDS.

I think this is the same as the JW claiming that 1975 was never proclaimed as the year of the big A in writing. This might be true but the perception by the followers was different.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Jehovah?s Witnesses today must be extremely careful that we do not allow those taking the lead among us to set themselves up as an image of worship, in any sense. As was rightly noted in the April 1, 1930, Watch Tower quoted at the beginning of this post, one way we can tell if those whom we trust are betraying that trust by leading us along the path of idolatry is by their insistence that the only true worship is ?by and through them and their works.?

Is this Staffords way of saying. That the WT is becoming an idolatrous organisation. That JW's are looking to it as their idol for salvation rather than Christ.

• minimus
    minimus

German xjw----GOOD POINT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit