New to forum

by ast370 17 Replies latest jw friends

• ast370
    ast370

I'm new to this forum, I find it very informative. My wife and I grew up as JW's. I got disfellowshiped sixteen years ago [one of the best things that ever happened to me] and my wife left at the same time. Both of our families are still in the cult, so we still have to deal with that BS. I just want to say hello and thanks for all the information that gets posted. It really helps me deal with everything.

• shamus
    shamus

Welcome!

• kls
    kls

Welcome, yup there are some pretty smart ones here.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bryan
    Bryan

ast370 Welcome! Pull up a chair and sit awhile!

Bryan

• Special K
  • Special K
    Special K

Hi Ast370

Welcome to the JWD forum

My husband stopped attending meetings about 3-6 months after I stopped. We were both disfellowshipped at the same time 11-12 years ago.

I never realized how difficult it would be but have heard from many here who were not as fortunate to leave the J.W.'s with their marriages and mates in tact. Lots of marital breakdown when one leaves the J.W.'s and mate cannot see passed the J.W. indoctrination.

Welcome again.

Special K

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well hello there ast, and to your wife as well!

You present a question that still bewilders me: How can someone who's been "out" so long still have 'issues'? (not to say that you do)

I know some folks who've been "out" for just a few years, and it's like all-said-and-done, clean and simple break, almost surgically excised...others I know, who've been "out" for decades, are still battling demons.

Not to belittle the ramifications of family involvement, involuntary though it might be; but doesn't it all boil to "I choose, we choose, you choose"?

Again, welcome to ya both!

Sincerely,

Craig

• TrailBlazer04
    TrailBlazer04

Welcome!!!! There's lots of great information, friendship and fun here!

TB

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit