...not so much as eat with such a person...

by Tashawaa 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• heathen
    heathen

There is also a scripture that states to not let the sun go down while in a provoked state against your brother . The bible does seem to contradict itself on the issue of how far you need to go in order to maintain an acceptable attitude when dealing with imperfect humans .

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

THe memorial violates this scripture. JWs eat drink with DFed DAed apostates wordly people at this event. Ominous double standard I would have brought this up.

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma
    I had found out about the UN connection, and wrote a letter to the Society. About 3 weeks later I got the standard reply. Then I fired off another letter asking them a few questions... mainly about my research about the Library's use, and they didn't have to be an NGO. It wasn't an attacking letter, and I was in full standing in the cong.

3 weeks after I sent THAT letter, I was called for a jc. Crazy huh?!?!?

LOL and the moral of the story is - DONT ASK QUESTIONS or we will kick you out.

I am glad you are one of us now, Tashawaa

SD

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

SO AM I !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was planning on a fade, but I have a BIG MOUTH. I was so shocked by the UN thing... I found it unbelievable! I researched that one like crazy!!! It was the straw that broke the camels back.

JWs eat drink with DFed DAed apostates wordly people at this event.
    I didn't even think of the Memorial. But technically, they still obey this scripture, 'cause they all gather and no one eats or drinks
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Matthew 5: 22 `But I tell you this. Anyone who is angry with his brother without having a good reason will be judged in court. Anyone who says wrong things to his brother will be judged for it in the big court. Anyone who says "You fool!" will be judged to go into hell fire.

Is that NWT or something ? - scare tactics ?

It's a teaching.

• anger - risk stepping out of grace and seeking imposition of law instead
    • insults - brings attention/consideration to your questionable responses
    • "you fool" - risk imprisonment in your own haughtiness - (see jwism)

Jesus was angry and also named some as "fool" - one can do such still in humility (down to earth view), but the risk for us is haughtiness and baffoonery.

Typical scaremongering - teachings "interpreted" for your benefit as threats.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Tashawaa,

As for your sister - she does not bear the name of "brother" or "sister" as she plainly stated.

I wrote to you not to associate with any one who bears the name of brother if he is................

The jw "interpretation" is wicked and wickedness - 'apostates' do not bear the name 'brother', and "treating them as a stranger" (man of the nations; nwt) should be just that - like someone that they don't know yet - with courtesy, consideration and kindness.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I reckon these elders were out of line, or acting toward their own agenda:-

km 8/02 p. 3 Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped ***

In the Immediate Household: Does this mean that Christians living in the same household with a disfellowshipped family member are to avoid talking to, eating with, and associating with that one as they go about their daily activities? The Watchtower of April 15, 1991, in the footnote on page 22, states: "If in a Christian?s household there is a disfellowshipped relative, that one would still be part of the normal, day-to-day household dealings and activities." Thus, it would be left up to members of the family to decide on the extent to which the disfellowshipped family member would be included when eating or engaging in other household activities. And yet, they would not want to give brothers with whom they associate the impression that everything is the same as it was before the disfellowshipping occurred.

• Tashawaa
    Tashawaa

I agree that I was disfellowshipped out of their own agenda.

I'm OK with it, but of course, I've lost my whole family and childhood friends because of it.

I guess, I just wanted to post this to let others know that they can disfellowship you for ANY reason they want.

Their decision to disfellowship me was not bible based. The whole policy of forbidding association is not bible based.

I just find it amusing how they "pick and choose" which scriptures they will use. Which ones they take literally, or use as a "principle". It bugs me that they'll use the old testament laws as "principles", but they "pick and choose". For example, they use the "two witness" rule (principle) based on the old testament, yet a couple of chapters over, a scriptural passage deals with rape and how only one witness (the victim) was needed to stone the rapist.

They use the bible, the religion, as a weapon.

• blondie
    blondie

Good quote, Bluesbrother.

It illustrates how the WTS speaks out of both sides of their mouth. One way in print and another through the "spirit-appointed" congregation representatives, elders.

Blondie (who has seen elders eat with thei grown DF'd children and had the BOE disregard it when it was pointed out)

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

My JW mom will NEVER get DF'ed for eating with me. Even when I was living at home at age 18 she would not eat with me. She would take her plate to the living room to avoid eating at the table with me. That is so christlike. I'm sure when she meets Jesus he will say "Good job Kriste! Excellent job of shunning your daughter!"

UUGGGGHHHHH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit