sister says prayer with elders !!!!!

by jurs 21 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

hi all,
    this friday the elders are coming over to discuss my DA letter. i keep studying and thinking of what i want to say. i'm sure they'll open with a prayer. i am a big believer in prayer and i think after i respectfully wait for them to finish their prayer that i will then say my own prayer. its my house , why shouldn't i??? why is it not proper for a sister to say the prayer if an elder is present. and i have no intention of wearing a head covering!!!! i think Jehovah will hear my prayer with out the silly rules.....jurs

• apostate
    apostate

Print this out and give it to them. It is devastating to every honest JW.

Awake, Oct. 8, 1968 p. 23
    "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an "end" to the world, even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing? Missing from such people were God's truths and the evidence that He was using and guiding them.''

WT 1984 3/1 Pages: 18-19
    He has told us that the “generation” of 1914—the year that the sign began to be fulfilled—”will by no means pass away until all these things occur.” (Matthew 24:34) Some of that “generation” could survive until the end of the century. But there are many indications that “the end” is much closer than that!

WT 1968 8/15 p.499
    "Are we to assume from this study that the battle of Armageddon will be all over by the autumn of 1975, and the long-looked-for thousand-year reign of Christ will begin by then? Possibly. . . . It may involve only a difference of weeks or months, not years."

• Gopher
    Gopher

Jurs,

Best wishes on your Friday visit. As far as saying your individual prayer: perhaps it would cause a small uproar with the elders, would it take away from the main arguments you plan to present?

Yes I concur that Jehovah will hear your prayers and bring you to a successful conclusion for all these things happening to you.

GopherThe sieve says to the needle; you have a hole in your head.
    Indian Proverb

• Simon
    Simon

Hope it goes well jurs...

Remember we're all batting for you in spirit at least.

• Farkel
    Farkel

jurs,

: this friday the elders are coming over to discuss my DA letter.

What is there to discuss? You just cut them out of your life. It is nearly impossible to "recall" a DA letter. You sent it. They have it. You have declared yourself as "out!" Why do you give them any more power over you? You are OUT! So STAY OUT!

Send them to hell. Being DAd is far worse than being DFd and I hope you understand that. No matter what you do or what you say if you allow them to further interfere with your life, you will undoubtedly just give them more ammunition to vilify you among the stooges in their audience.

Don't have any more meetings with them. Take AWAY the power they still think they have over you. Window Washers and Janitors only have as much power over you as you allow them to have.

Send them to hell. They will do everything possible to ruin your reputation, anyway: If they talk you into "coming back" you will be "marked" as "weak" and a "potential Apostate." You will be screwed if you come back. If you show them evidence that what they teach is crap, you will be marked as a "demonized Apostate."

If you send them to hell, then you have not only taken away their power, but they know NOTHING other than what you wrote in your letter about what you know and what you think. Good grief! Are you going to let those bastards suck your mind dry with what you think and feel after you've told them you want OUT! NO! Do not do this!

Send them to hell.

Emasculate them and their petty power they think they have over you.

Send them to hell.

Farkel, who likes that expression! They deserve it.

• outnfree
    outnfree

Farkel,

In my case, the P.O. asked me to meet with the elders at the KH. The entire elder body met first (I had involved them all), and the result was that three of them met with me and asked me to "rescind my DA letter for a month" while they tried to shepherd me. So apparently, it is now an accepted thing to try to "readjust" a DA'd one. (WT phraseology! )

Jurs,

As you can see, "readjustment" will likely be the focus of their meeting with you (note that the P.O. first wanted to visit me at my home with another brother, but it was not convenient for me, so the venue changed to the KH). If you should be weak (as I was) and actually bow to theocracy and give them their month, they may do what my local elders did: suggest MORE Bible reading, more studying, more prayer, and more meeting attendance! And if you continue to have questions you will be "unruly." In my case, I felt that they were actually setting me up to be more than "marked" as "weak", they were setting me up to be disfellowshipped for apostasy. I truly felt that they would have preferred to PUT ME OUT rather than my taking the initiative to WALK AWAY. Regaining me was NOT their motive if I would be around with questions that made THEM uncomfortable!

You will certainly do whatever seems best FOR YOU! And, as Simon said, we will be battling alongside you in spirit.

But Gopher is right to caution you to reflect on exactly what it is YOU wish to accomplish at your Friday meeting, and then to proceed accordingly.

Best wishes for the best possible outcome, jurs!

outnfree

• jurs
    jurs

i think you are misunderstanding why i want to meet with them and was happy when the elder called to meet with me. this is one of the few chances i'll get to expose what i believe to be religion full of crap and a destructive one at that. perhaps i'm a little dramatic but it appeals to me to be DA'd because its worse !!! it also appeals to me that if i get the reputation in the hall that i'm an apostate---- GOOD! i am. its honest. i think when someone is DF'd poeple tend to think it was because of a wrongdoing. a DA on the otherhand sends the message that they don't believe anymore. i think many witnesses are curious about apostate literature and why reading it would turn someone away. if more people DA'd themselves rather than quietly slipping out i think it would make people wonder what do they know that i don't and why is the society so afraid that we read it. ( i do understand circumstances don't allow many to do so because they would be shunned) but those that won't be affected by shunning i feel should LOUDLY leave. i feel this for a variety of reasons.
    1. if someone else in the hall is doubting they might secretly call me. ( i say this because i could see myself doing that.)
    2. i believe it makes people wonder and think more.
    3. if you have children (i do) it sets a great example of standing up for what you believe in. they were ridiculed at school for their belifs ,itss the least i can do to stand up and if i take a little heat ,oh well its not much compared to what i put my kids through.
    4. i wan't to be vocal so as to help someone BEFORE they study. i tell as many as i can about how i WAS a JW and why i no longer am. people are quite curious i am finding out..
    i don't expect to help these elders see it as a cult but i'll feel better knowing i tried.
    jurs

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

jurs,

My prayers are with you during your meeting. I agree, don't wear the headcovering. Does God only listen to MEN? No. Does God only listen to women when they wear a HAT? Ridiculous! I was DF and I wish now that I had DAed. You are strong, but I will pray for your peace and emotional strength during your meeting! I don't even know you and I am proud.

Billygoat

• humble
    humble

Apostate literature is like cow dung, why does it smell so bad?, why am I recommended not to taste it? I have the right to taste it if I want to, you reason. Mmmmmm, cow dung is so good, apostates say. But reality it's only crap.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Nothing fails like prayer!!

I'm with Farkel on this one 100% Politely decline to meet with them. There are very few bad relationships in life where you can make such a clean break. Fohgetaboudit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit