The Man With the Big Nose

by TMS 24 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

JWdaughter, Natan:

Yes, there are good people among Jehovah's Witnesses. They unwittingly become part of the mechanism that holds us in the religion. Their unvarnished love and belief quelches our doubts before they even develop.

The death of purplesofa's brother got me to thinking about death, funerals. I have no words of comfort for anyone. I can't even say they "are in a better place".

tms

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Woof!

Handsome writing - glad you brought it back. It is a reminder that the WTS is NOT JWs - of whom there were/are many sincere and colorful souls. Thanks for sharing The Man with us. It reminds me that there were many characters in my own history that deserved better for their dedication and sincerity. Just because the WTS is wrong - well, I do hope that somewhere there is a reward for those who gave so much of their lives to what they believed to be the right cause. Sadly, I am afraid that sincerity is not enough. I advocate now for the use of intellect and discernment when choosing where to cast one's pearls.

• hillary_step
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wow, I got to know Martin, love him and miss him.

I feel so sad, yet he is truely an inspiration

purps

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

TMS

The death of purplesofa's brother got me to thinking about death, funerals. I have no words of comfort for anyone. I can't even say they "are in a better place".

I never saw this post,

thank you

purps

now I really am all weepy!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit