JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES & Book BURNING (CDs TOO!)

by Smoldering Wick 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:

I certainly predicted that your beliefs would be by now vastly changed a couple years ago.

Aha!! A Prophet in our midst!

You don't believe most of what you used to, it appears to me.

So true, and I continue to evolve. Aint life grand
    I'm enjoying the journey. Having made some great friends along the way has only made it better. Talking of which, I can't believe you flew overhead after the BBQ - B*st*rd!!!
    LOL

Go in peace, your skepticism has made you well (*)
    *please view upside down.

Darn - now I have a crick in my neck!!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Talking of which, I can't believe you flew overhead after the BBQ - B*st*rd!!!
    LOL

I know, I know, I kinda feel like I owe everyone an explanation.... but with FrenchBabyFace in Paris, and Valis in England, well... maybe no explanation is needed? lol.

Aha!! A Prophet in our midst!

nah, I just figured you'd get around to "who wrote the bible" eventually

FunkyD is a great guy, btw. He learns quick too, as when I met him on Monday, he told me he was pacing himself since my lap was nowhere near as appealing as Salem's lap. I was only mildy insulted.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Six:

I know, I know, I kinda feel like I owe everyone an explanation....

Actually the only explanation you need give is why you left for Dublin insteaad of staying longer in Paris

I just figured you'd get around to "who wrote the bible" eventually

Got me with that one. Higher Criticism is not all the WTS portrayed. It's a great book, but in all honesty it's just reinforced my impression that there are certain things that you can only take when you are ready for them.

FunkyD is a great guy, btw.

He certainly is. I'd happily spend time in his company again. He kept me in kinks of laughter!
    Reboot commented that "his posts make him appear angry" (I never especially experienced that myself) "but in person he's like a puppy" - LOL.
    Her comments actually put me in mind of my impressions on first meeting you!!!
    (well, not exactly with those terms, but you catch my drift...)

He learns quick too, as when I met him on Monday, he told me he was pacing himself since my lap was nowhere near as appealing as Salem's lap. I was only mildy insulted.

And who could blame him?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    It's a great book, but in all honesty it's just reinforced my impression that there are certain things that you can only take when you are ready for them.

Interesting that you say that about that book. I actually purchased it mail-order, several years before I left the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me god. I skimmed a few chapters and realized quickly that this was not going to "strengthen my faith", and put the book on the shelf unread. It was the first book I pulled out though, after I read CofC. I figured if my parents had lied to me about everything else, maybe they were lying about that whole talking snake thing too, lol.

Her comments actually put me in mind of my impressions on first meeting you!!!
    (well, not exactly with those terms, but you catch my drift...)
    *bats eyelashes and twirls lacy umbrella* ....why whatever could you mean, Ross-co P. Coltrane?
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Does that make you Eeenos???
    ROFL

• Farkel
    Farkel

: As Witnesses, we were told that if you had anything that could be construed as spiritistic practices or of "false religion" we were to burn it no matter how much it was worth!

I wonder why dubs are so dumb to consider the obvious: You can't burn demons. It's a waste of fire. Fire burns stuff made of matter. Demons aren't matter.

Besides that, if demons can somehow "get into" stuff such as clothes, books, furniture and other diverse objects, they can "get into" just about anything they want, including boogers in your nose.

What are ya going to do about THAT, then? Burn your nose up?

Farkel

• DireStraitJacket
    DireStraitJacket

I burnt an "Iron Maiden - Number of the beast" tape that my dad gave to me..

I've been trying to buy it again for more than a year but none of the local shop have the damn thing!

• Alana
    Alana

I destroyed some good AC/DC 8-tracks (ok, so THAT shows my age) and some other good rock albums. However, I have since replaced most of them on CDs now. Long live ROCK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit