Da Judge: A Few Thoughts

by Farkel 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

What Rutherford wrought has carried trough into modern-day JWs, whether they believe it or not.

It is a heritage, just as are Waterloo and the Declaration of Independence and the Civil War and WW1 and WW2 and the Korean War and Vietnam.

The more I read, the more the pattern emerges.

Frequently I just have to stop, because the gag-reflex wells up.

The main word that comes to mind: PATHETIC.

• RR
    RR

Knorr and Franz could have rectified that. Granted it would have taken another generation to fix it, but the Society wouldnot be in the mess it is today, had they reverse the process.

RR

• uriah
    uriah

RR, do you have any documented proof of Rutherfraud, Amberg and macmillans subterfuge or pointers to where I could find it? Thanks

• Sirona
    Sirona

Farkel

They sell books which are supposed to explain a book that GOD himself gave to mankind and a book in which THEY say God doesn't possess the talent to explain Himself and what He wants from us. By so doing, they are saying that God is an idiot and HIS book cannot be understood without THEIR books.

This is the ultimate insult to God and shows the ultimate arrogance of the Watchtower Printing Corporation.

Thanks! I had never thought of it that way. Great point to bring up with my dub family.

Sirona

• RR
    RR
    RR, do you have any documented proof of Rutherfraud, Amberg and macmillans subterfuge or pointers to where I could find it? Thanks

The only documented proof I have are the one recorded by those who were there. RR

• uriah
    uriah

The only documented proof I have are the one recorded by those who were there. RR - that'll do :) Are we able to see/hear it. Is it uploadable?

• RR
    RR

Check out the BIble Students website at biblestudents.net and click on "history". In fact I was just talking to a Bible Students who when growing up knew all of the old timers of Russell;s day and W.T. Baker told him thatRussell dismissed Rutherford from Bethel in 1915.

He just gave a talk about the BS's history from 1916 to the present, not very detailed, just somke jumbled unknown facts.

I can send you the mp3 file.

RR

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Farkel,

A very interesting post.

I wonder how much Rutherford modelled himself on the political Fascists of the day especially Mussolini, who actually had great support among many factions outside of Italy? The march of the Blackshirts into Rome in the early twenties was the focus of a plan baked years before. Rutherford's modus operandi in taking control and yielding authority was remarkably similar to the way Mussolini, and later Adolf Hitler and Stalin, ingratiated themselves within the hierarchy of an idealistic movement with a long term and ruthless plan.

After his takeover of the Organization he put into practice all the precepts of a dictatorial Fascism using many similar, though it has to be said, more benign ways, of cementing his position. Whatever is said about Russell, I think he would have been mortified that his cute little Frankenstein of a movement turned into such a lumbering monster.

Incidentally, does anybody know if the Adam Rutherford who chaired 'The Institute Of Pyramidology' and wrote on Biblical Pyramidology was any relation to the Judge? I have never been able to clarify this

Best regards - HS

• Justin
    Justin

Hillary,

Adam Rutherford was no relation to Joseph, and I think he was a Bible Student. I'm unable to supply you with a reference at this time. RR may know more. If you want to start a new thread on this subject, you may be able to get his attention.

• Badger
    Badger

The early days of any faith/sect/religion are VITAL. If strict fundamentalism and control takes place early in its beginning (JW's, Mormonism) then the results can be frightening.

If the reaction is instead an allowance of differing schools of thought within (Protestantism, Islam) then the result is a growing faith looking for ways to attract newcomers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit