Fine Canadian Programming: THE TRAILER PARK BOYS.

by shamus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus
    shamus

http://www.trailerparkboys.com/main.html

Ah, our American Compatriots have no idea what they are missing... one of the finest shows on television. The Trailer Park Boys.

Any fans out there besides me?

There is a trailer park in our town and it seems as though there are striking similarities between the people there and the people on the show.

Freedom 35. To understand that joke, you have to watch it.

**edited to add** WARNING: They're site is for adults only.

• shamus
  • Matty
    Matty

Very funny show. Curiously, to see it in the USA you have to watch it on BBC America.

• orbison11
    orbison11

i have been watching this show for years, i absolutelyl love it, i think hbo or some american station has picked them up for the fall,

orbi

• shamus
    shamus

Yes, orbi. I heard the same thing. Originally they wanted to buy the show, but Showcase refused. It is right up HBO's alley, with awesome shows such as Curb Your Enthusiasm. Too dammed funny, that show too.

I don't know how they did it, but they showed what a typical pothead / criminal is really like. Tonite is the episode before they harvest they're pot. The following episode they had Rita McNeill (a famous Canadian Singer) kidnapped along with her crew and they were forced at gunpoint to harvest they're pot, because the cops were on to them.

Too freakin' funny.

The dude that never, ever wears a shirt is just too dammed funny too. Always wanting a store-bought cheeseburger, and willing to pimp himself out in front of the burger place to get one. Or hitch-hiking to get to the burger shop without his shirt on.... LOL!

• boa
    boa

Shamus, this is without a doubt one of my favourite canuck shows!

We have season one and two on DVD and watch it over and over

Don't forget J-ROC!

The sideline info on the DVD is just great!

boa

• orbison11
    orbison11

ah yes, sort of like bob and doug mckenzie from , heck i forget the name of the show, second city maybe, loved them too

orbi

• boa
    boa

orbison11....Bob and Doug, those gods, were on SCTV and they are from the 'GREAT WHITE NORTH!' lol

boa...

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Shamus: you bastard!

The episode of "Conky", Bubble's long lost doll.

That one had me in pain. I had more tears rolling down my face than a mafia funeral.

Mind you, at Toronto's Gay Pride Parade 2004, "Leahy and sidekick" were there. I couldn't believe it. That tells you about their popularity.

Excellent show: lude, crude and rude.

But...funny as hell.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

We picked this show up on BBC America. It's too funny for words!

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit