a sad comment regarding Jesus

by anew 11 Replies latest jw friends

• anew
    anew

I realized, the other day, how far the WT has really gone from the original gospels. I was having a minor argument (again) with my Mother regarding my no longer being a Witness. She sarcastically asked me what I did believe in..Was I going to go out and join those ... ... Catholics? I told her no. I told her I just am Christian and believe in Jesus. She then said "What is all this Jesus talk lately? You sound like those religious nuts." Is not the whole New Testament a history of the early Christians preaching about Jesus? Is not the word Christian from Christ himself? Yet being the "The only true Christians" the WT produces the type of mentality that my Mom has. So sad.

• gumby
    gumby

Anew, welcome

Is not the whole New Testament a history of the early Christians preaching about Jesus? Is not the word Christian from Christ himself? Yet being the "The only true Christians" the WT produces the type of mentality that my Mom has. So sad.

From a biblical perspective you are absolutely correct. The witnesses live in the Old Testement for fear of taking away any glory from Jehovah and giving too much attention to Jesus. It's tough for them because of being non-trinitarian to put Jesus in his proper place.......which they could still do and be non-trinitarian......but they do not. They themselves admit that Jesus was the climax to mans fall........but it was his pa's idea and doings in sending him and so ALL credit goes to pappy and not his kid, or that would be blasphemy.

Gumby

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Welcome anew, hope you are standing your guard with your mom. Its too bad that JWs can't figure it out, that Jesus is as intricate as is God.

I use to get sick of hearing Jehovah this, Jehovah that the organization this the organization that. Never mind Jesus.

Aren't you glad to be out of that lie called the "truth"

all the best and once again welcome friend

Orangefatcat.

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome, Anew. Yes sad is the word I use on the subject of their viewpoint of Jesus.

You hit the nail on the head for me, re the "Christ" in Christian...it makes one realize just

how brainwashed they are, they can't GET it. They quote Paul, who was one of the utmost

followers of Jesus, but somehow overlook just WHY he said what he did, did what he did...for

the LOVE of Christ! Sad sad sad.

• kls
    kls

It just angers me how they ( the jws ) trash every other religion except their own. Not only do they trash them they feel they are in with satan if not a jw. The wet- tower has done their job well with it's followers, if they would only look under their noses they would see the trash they have been defending .

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Well pa hous Jeeessussssssssss!

• El blanko
    El blanko

Well I have been of the mind lately when reviewing the faith that almighty God goes beyond language anyway and the word Jehovah to almighty God may have little actual relevance in these times.

The JWs have turned that combination of letters into a form of idolatry IMO.

Almighty God gave the word Jesus and this word was then placed before the believer and Jesus was the word raised above all others.

I take this understanding from scripture and use my common sense.

What does the word Jehovah really say about God anyway? Keep saying it over and over and it becomes as meaningless as any other word.

• ballistic
    ballistic

As most of you know, I'm not really that religious anymore although I believe in God, but I just wanted to share my favorite scripture, "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" I have thought about this scripture very deeply, it seems to me, this statement is an encapsulation of love and understanding which is almost beyond comprehension.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

el blanko: correcto

Witnesses have tuned YHWH and the Tower symbol into idolotry. See all jewelry, bible decor, wall decor, and painting they buy!

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

My congregation likes to say Jesus... kind of the old school kind of non JW congregations but ya I guess your mom needs to read more Jesus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit