cruzanheart

INTERNATIONAL THINKING AT ITS BEST!
    Question: What is the truest definition of Globalization? Answer:
    Princess Diana's death. Question: How come? Answer: An English princess
    with an Egyptian boyfriend crashes in a French tunnel, driving a German
    car with a Dutch engine, driven by a Belgian who was drunk on Scottish
    whisky, (check the bottle before you change the spelling) followed
    closely by Italian Paparazzi, on Japanese motorcycles; treated by an
    American doctor, using Brazilian medicines.
    This is sent to you by an American, using Bill Gates's technology, and
    you're probably reading this on your computer, that uses Taiwanese
    chips,
    and a Korean monitor, assembled by Bangladeshi workers in a Singapore
    plant, transported by Indian lorry-drivers, hijacked by Indonesians,
    unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen, and trucked to you by Mexican
    illegals. That, my friends, is Globalization

(This was sent to me -- I didn't think it up. Just FYI.)

Nina

• Satanus
    Satanus

The person forgot to mention the speeding yugo, the little car that was involved somehow, but sped away from the death scene.

S

• Gopher
    Gopher

The world really is becoming an interdependent community.

Example of a good thing -- I can go to the local grocery store and get produce and goods from around the world whenever I want. E.G., oranges never go out of season -- if they're out of season here in North America, the wholesaler imports them from Australia or Spain and sells them to my grocer.

Examples of bad things -- Exotic diseases can travel around the world faster than ever before. Also cheaper "offshore" labor is competing with workers here, not only factory workers but even skilled technological workers. Due to this some hard-working people are out of jobs when in their 50's, and have a hard time competing against younger, less expensive folks.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ...

• heathen
    heathen

satanus--- you must be thinking of the renault , a french made car .

That was a pretty funny synopsis. To me globalization is more about the US involvement in the worlds political affairs and helping foreign nations to compete in the US market place .

• bisous
    bisous

globalization likely will mean the death of many non-American cultures..."helping foreign nations compete in US Market" = Americanizing as many cultures as we can and attempting to ram our values, products, lifestyle, religion, philosophies, currency, you name it...down their throats because...ahem...we're right, best, whatever....(oh and BTW, profiting from their cheapo labor while we're at it).

further and further unification of everything until we are one big PepsicoMacDonaldCostcoClearChannelHalliburtonStarbucked nation of zombified consumerizing drones.....

• talesin
    talesin

Cruzan

That was too funny.

Bisous

I'm with you in your opinion. Sickening, isn't it? Careful, though, you'll be accused of being un-American for your sentiments! hehe, oh well, hey?

Heathen

No, Satanus is correct, it was a Yugo.

• JH
    JH

Yea, that sounds like globalization...

Also, globalization will bring down your salary to compete with those working in factories across the world at 1$ an hour.

• bisous
    bisous

Talesin, probably true....but I pay my share of taxes, I vote, I support the causes I spout off about.... and I live in a country where (for now anyway....not so if Shrub is re-elected) I have freedom of speech and use it every chance I get.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion....

• Simon
    Simon

Globalization is rich people switching their manpower to companies where labour is cheaper with no regard to the people they make redundant or the ones they start taking advantage of. It is stripping local resources in order to make a bigger fast buck.

It is a disease that large corporates are inflicting on the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit