Red Sox or Yankees?

by confusedjw 26 Replies latest social physical

• Special K
    Special K

Red Sox's a go in this east coast household ...

Special K

• Badger
    Badger

Red Sox or Yankees? This overhyped, provincial tussle is a sham...

IMHO, there is one media bias more prevalent than the corporate imperial media or the "Liberal" media, and that is...

THE PRO-EASTERN BIASED SPORTS MEDIA.

ESPN, in connecticut and Fox Sports (also NY centered) and the Big three network sports programming centers (Guess where they are?) have RAMMED THIS DOWN OUR THROATS more than they did Laci Peterson, Shark Attacks and Halle Berry.

If they had their way,

Red Sox-Yankees would be the series every year (yes, I know they're in the same league...this would not stop them)
    Boston College, Syracuse, Miami and Florida State would be the only BCS teams.
    Jets-Patriots and Giants-Eagles in the Conference Finals every year.
    The Rangers (not Islanders) or Devils would win every Stanley Cup. (Pavel Bure, Eric Lindros and Jaromir Jagr...Those fools should join Ken Lay in the slammer for stealing millions)
    NASCAR and MLS wouldn't be. (Until they Raced in Brooklyn or the Metrostars win the Cup)\
    UConn would get automatic byes, men and women, to the NCAA finals.

and ESPN exec once publicly called Houston "A small market" WTF?

REAL rivalries?

Baseball: Cards-Cubs, Mets-Braves, Dodgers-Giants...NONE get A QUARTER of the press that The Primadonnas and the Chokers get.
    College Football: OU-Texas? Ohio St.-Michigan? Florida-Tennessee? Oregon-Oregon St.? I could list millions.
    Hockey: ah, it won't matter...the league is folding....
    Others that you NEVER see on SportsCenter: Celtic-Rangers, Tony Stewart-Dale Jr., Galaxy-Earthquakes, Cheifs-Broncos, Packers-Bears...

Badger, of the "Go Sooners!" class

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

America's Team

• Badger
    Badger

After all the coke they do? it should be South America's Team.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Nah that was Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson who did that.

Everyone else on America's Team was busy winning championships. Remember the Dallas Cowboys never lose a game ... we just run out of time.

• RR
    RR

Let's go METS

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    After all the coke they do? it should be South America's Team.

LMAO!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't really care. I don't follow either team, and I know that usually the AL East will finish with the Yankees on top followed by the Sox. (Orioles, Jays, Rays ??? Naaaaa....)

Human nature being what it is, I would probably root for the underdog Red Sox. I think first-baseman David Ortiz is a great slugger for the Bosox, and wonder why he never acheived consistency like that while he was here with the Minnesota Twins. The Twins sure could use a slugger, instead of trying to win by accumulating singles and doubles.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Anyone but the Yankees

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

DODGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I would root for the Red Sox too.

YANKEES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LABD, Los Angeles Born Dodger fan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit