Are All the Anointed Virgins???

by Sweetp0985 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Since the JW's are always speaking of the 144,000 that are chosen out of the JW organization. How many are actually anointed as is spoken of here in Revelation 14:1-5

1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads. 2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps: 3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth. 4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb. 5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.

I know for a fact of some of the "ANOINTED" that were married. Did they get married and not have sex with their wife? Or did they remain a "virgin" throughout their life here on earth?

Am I understanding this scripture wrong in verse 4 to be referring to those that according to JW's are the only ones going to heaven? Or is this another display of misinterperting(sp) the bible? Please help me out with this one...

• Gopher
    Gopher

The WT Society's explanation of the "virginity" of the "anointed class" is that it is a spiritual virginity. That is, they keep themselves clean from association with the Devilish system of things, so that they can present themselves as spiritually pure to Jesus Christ once they gain their heavenly reward.

Of course, that would mean they'd never get involved with the United Nations. Right?

• blondie
    blondie

Not literally, according to the WTS. Since Peter was married (Jesus healed his mother-in-law) and others of the early Christians were married (and all considered anointed), it does not make sense that this is to be understood literally but rather symbolically.

w89 6/1 p. 13 Perfecting Holiness in God?s Fear

They keep themselves undefiled by Satan?s world and remain doctrinally and morally pure. The apostle Paul wrote to anointed Christians in Corinth: "I am jealous over you with a godly jealousy, for I personally promised you in marriage to one husband that I might present you as a chaste virgin to the Christ." (2 Corinthians 11:2)

But it is interesting...

Russell was married but never had sex with his wife.

Rutherford was married but never lived with his wife during the last 30 years of his life.

Knorr was married later in life and rumored never to have had sex with his wife. (or was it that he couldn't?)

Fred Franz was never married; and I would assume he never had sex with anyone (who would want him?)

Henschel was married later in life and no rumours to the fact that it was not consummated.

• gumby
    gumby

My grandma was of the annointed, but I can prove she wasn't a virgin cuz I know my grandpa played nasty with her at least 8 times cuz that's how many kids she had.

Gumby

• Carmel
    Carmel

If the scripture quoted was to be taken "spiritually" then what does "defiled by a woman" mean, spiritually speaking, that is?

Oh what a web we weave.......

carmel

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Since the W.T. interprets everything else in Rev. 7 and 14 as either spiritual or symbolical one can't help but wonder why they insist on a literal number of 144,000. I think if they were to interpret 12,000 out of each tribe of Israel literally would pose a problem to their "anointed class," because then it would be speaking of literal Jews and not modern JWs. And to have Jesus standing upon a literal Mount Zion in Israel with a literal 144,000 Jews with him would mean he came again physically. And that would simply demolish their 1914 invisible second presence of Jesus teaching (originally they said 1874).

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

WT leaders are NOT virgins. They have misled the R&F for over a century.

They are vermin, & vermin is a defiled piece of shit

• gumby
    gumby
    WT leaders are NOT virgins

I'm almost sure.....but not positive, that 'Greenless' and 'Chitty' never actually had sex...............with a woman. They said the scriptures mentioned defiling yourself with women so they stayed squeeky clean.. Little bald knukleheads anyways

Gumby

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

Another thing I have problems with comprehending is that the JW's feel that most of the early JW (rutherford,norr, etc) were definitely of the anointed but back then weren't these all the same ones that used to smoke, celebrate xmas/bdays, have blood transfusions and other stuff that was later cut out by MEN but these are the ones that are viewed as being worthy of going to heaven even though they all partook of things that were deemed a df'ing matter today. Oh my bad, this is new light time so it didnt matter back then.

I'm just undecided on alot of things right now and trying to get opinions from others.

• kes152
    kes152

Greetings to you.

According to Revelation 14:1-5 as well as many other scriptures, the ones in the organization of Jehovah's witnesses who say they are of the anointed are not of the anointed ones of the Father and the Son. The Father and the Son have searched the earth and found ones in their hearts who have been 'asking' and 'seeking' and knocking. To such ones he has opened the door and some of them have 'seen' and 'heard' what the Father has been calling to them. The Christ chosen those in the earth who were willing to not follow after men, who were willing to bear his name to many peoples, nations, and kings, and were willing to be persecuted for the sake of his name that they may reap many benefits and in the end everlasting life. He chose ones who would not follow what 'men' tell him to do but would actually give ear to his voice and heed what he tells them to do. He offered to wash their robes and make them white in the blood of the Lamb and those who have 'heard' and wished to be set free from slaves to the flesh and slaves to sin had their robes washed and made white in the blood of the Lamb. They then have been sent forth to minister to others that they too may have their robes washed and made white in the blood of the Lamb.

Those who say they are anointed in the organization of Jehovah's witnesses are not ones who belong to the Christ. They belong to the organization and seek knowledge and insight from the organization. They have "forgotten the very covenant of her God" and has "left the confidential friend of her youth." She has misled many into the organization and has been fooled by the Devil into thinking that her salvation is in the organization. She has no anointing from the Christ remaining in her because she does not want the anointing that she may not have to change her ways. She has become comfortable in serving the organization and has taken comfort in her being blinded that by serving the organization she is serving Jehovah, when in truth, she is serving the Adversary. Rather than leading ones to the Christ that they may be healed and receive the free gift of the holy spirit, she has misled people into the organization and kept them away from the free gift that gives everlasting life. Instead she teaches "another way" to receive everlasting life, that by taking in knowledge of "the ways of the organization" as explained in the Knowledge that Leads to Everlasting Life book. It is for this reason that the Spirit and the bride continue to mourn for her because those whom she misleads are many and she is being fooled by the Adversary because she wishes to be fooled. She does not know that she is blind, yet in her spirit she knows that were she to hear the real voice of Christ, she would have to give up her ways. To keep from feeling this way she deludes herself even more to not 'hear' this from her own spirit that she may continue in her ways blinded by the Devil.

She is the woman, the false bride of Christ, whom those who have been chosen by holy spirit are not to defile themselves with. She is the woman that was mentioned by my Lord in Proverbs 2:16-19; Proverbs 5:3-14, 20-23; Proverbs 6:24-32; Proverbs 7:10-27; and Proverbs 9:13-18. The Spirit and the bride continue to call out, continue to mourn and give forth their voice to "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to SHARE with her in her sins." Those who have been misled from the TRUE anointing the Spirit mourns for them and continues to call out to them saying, "Get out from among them, and separate yourselves. Quit touching the unclean thing and I will TAKE YOU IN. And I will become a father to YOU and YOU will become sons and daughters to me." Those who are wishing to 'hear' will hear, those who wish to refrain will refrain.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit