Thank You Great Britain!

by Corvin 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

Thanks for . . .

and of course, the worlds greatest British crooner, Tony Hadley

alt

Sir Judy Dench & Benny Hill

alt . . . thank you, thank you, thank you!

and this guy:

What are you thankful to Breat Britain for?

Corvin

• Robdar
    Robdar

How bout the British invasion: the Beatles, the Kinks, David Bowie, the Rolling Stones etc. I'm also glad for my British friend who showed me how to make a proper pot of tea. Oh, and the scones to go with said tea.

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Robdar

I didn't know there was a particular way to make tea.

I really want to know. Seriously, what is the proper way to make tea? If you would be so kind, thanks..

Mine is always, boil the water.. put my tea bag in a mug, pour in the hot water and let it steep in my mug until it's the way I like it then squish the bag with my spoon and take it out. Add a "spot" of milk. and then drink it.

Special K

• Robdar
    Robdar

Special K, Thanks for asking!

First of all you need a tea pot. I bought a ceramic one in England.

Boil the water, when it's boiled, pour a little into the tea pot to warm it. Dump the water, place 2 tea bags in the tea pot (I like PG tips tea from England), add the boiling water, cover with a cozy to keep the tea pot warm while the tea steeps, while you are allowing it to set for a few minutes, get your mug, add sugar and milk then tea. Enjoy!

It tastes better than making the tea one mug at a time.

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh, I forgot to add: any extra boiling water that I have left over from the tea pot, I pour into my mug first to warm it. I dump it out when it's warm and add my sugar, milk and tea. Slurp!

• Special K
    Special K

Interesting Robdar..

PG Tips Tea.. that's a brand of tea "PG Tips Tea".. right?

I must look for that in the grocery store.

Thanks

I just love a good cup of tea.

Special K

sorry for the off topic Corvin.. but Tea is British.. right?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Special K,

Yes, PG Tips is a brand of moderately priced tea and I have never seen it here in the States. My Brit friends bring me a supply once a year. My ex and I used to have dandy fights over it. Let me do a quick engine search and see what I can find. BRB.

Here ya go:

http://www.thebritishshop.com/pg_tips_tea.htm

http://www.britishimports.com/home.html

• Special K
    Special K

Thats super great Robdar.

My huband and kids always find it extremely hard to buy me a Christmas presents.

This is going on my list for me. PG Tips Tea gotta have that..

Special K

• Robdar
    Robdar

Good idea, Special K! Don't forget to ask for a china or ceramic tea pot from England. They are lovely and you can get a variety. Mine is white with red roses on it. It's a sweet pot.

There are also various teas from Ireland that are quite tasty. I like Barrys and Lyons.

• Special K
    Special K

Robdar

I'm writing, I'm writing, i'm writing this all down and have just made a file

"CHRISTMAS".. for in the file cabinet.

You are making me so happy today...

I'm still writing.. thanks girl.. I just love good tea.

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit