Sign of the Beast

by seedy3 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

After re-reading these passages, it would be consistent with the facts if this worship of the beast was in the form of worship of men and manmade institutions, including organized religion or those claiming to have special knowledge from God, etc.

The beast operates for "42 months" in a specific way but the death stroke is received during World War II when Nazi Germany is defeated. Therefore, these "42 months" or 1260 days relates to the same 1260 days applied to the operation of the fourth beast mentioned in Daniel, only they are 1260 years. This would clearly relate to the Catholic Church, who definitely is a primary believer in the trinity doctrine, and the influence of Catholicism by Jewish mysticism and the pagan practices of the mysteries.

The critical issue which more or less begins the 1260 years is the corruption of the Passover celebration as an annual celebration on Nisan 14th. This practice finally was demolished by the Catholic church around 736 AD, instituting the pagan practice of Easter Sunday, that is, celebrating the resurrection of Christ, allegedly, on the first Sunday following the first full moon after spring instead of celebrating it on Nisan 14th on an annual basis. This would relate to the "removal of the constant" feature for the 2300 evenings and mornings until a new organization, one designated as the "temple" organization would reappear. Significant for this temple being "in its right condition" would be the reestablishment and understanding of the annual Passover held on Nisan 14th in remembrance of their Lord.

So the International Bible Students did indeed have this practice down earlier than the end of those 2300 evenings and mornings way back in 1874.

The 2300 evenings and mornings are calculated by making each evening and morning a single day, thus cut 2300 in half to get 1150. Thus the period is 1150 years out of 1260 years. Subtract 1150 from 1260 and you get 110 years. Thus the "temple" organization would be recognized and operate for a special purpose for the last 110 years of this 1260-year period.

Usually something significant happens to mark these years. Since the series of 70 weeks, or 490 years each added up until our day starting with 36CE end up in 1996, we consider the end of that covenant period to end in 1996. Thus we subtract the 110 years from 1996 to get 1886 and compare that to what was going on with the Bible Students and that was the year the first "Studies in the Scriptures" came out, which volumes became the foundation of a new faith and religion which eventually became Jehovah's Witnesses, the recognized temple organization.

So there is kind of an overlapping mesh between Babylon the Great mysticism and Christendom which has adopted a lot of mysteries practices and become corrupted by it. So it would seem the practice of worship of man, and in particular the accomplishments of educated men, and the accomplishments of European men or the religions they set up is a partof the mark of the beast.

Certainly, within the witness organization, they are worshipping the Governing Body which has made itself a God. So culture worship, or charismatic leader worship, the worship of men and their knowledge instead of the Bible would cover having the mark of the beast for both those in Christendom and within the organization if worshipping the beast and receiving the mark is something inspired by the witness apostate leadership. The sin of JWs is worship of the Governing Body who are men claiming to special.

This is consistent with the "666" being a man's number, that is, worship of mankind and their accomplishments, with a focus on religious leaders and European men who have amazed the world with advancements in technology and knowledge, etc.

Just my 2 cents. Thanks for the comments.

LG

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hmmm quite a can of worms I opened, LOL. Some how, you are missing the point I was asking and looking for. First off, I have no fear of the Apocalypes, so don't worry about that. The point I was trying to make was not so much a religious one, but more a linguistic one. In the early Greek language, the letters also stood for numbers, (the book of revelation was written in Greek not Hebrew so why you would mention hebrew is beyond me). The greek writing that consists of the 666 in revelation is also the way a greek would have written the name of the Emporer of Rome, Nero Ceasar. Well at least that is what I got out of it.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hey Francoise,
    Great explanation of the mark of the beast LOL. I'm gonna have to put that one in my book so I can teach it to others. LMAO

• Francois
    Francois

Thanks you Larc & Seedy3. I see you are a man of outstanding discrimination and excellent taste, not to mention impressive intelligence. Takes one to know one, you know?

I see however I have failed once again in my primary mission, that is getting the Armageddon Nuts to Knock it off. I mean these people claim to be big bible believers which, you'd think, would mean that they have respect for its statement that no one knows the day and hour, not the angels, only the father. But NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo! These bible-thumpers have got it all fingered out and are going to inflict their specious bullshit on the rest of us whether we like it or not. These guys are giving religious nuts a bad name.

It would be funny it it weren't so dumb. When the moon is in the seventh house and 1260 days - which aren't really days but years - have elapsed and Hitler's girlfriend gives him a golden shower...oh hell it ain't even beginning to be funny. Makes a person just want to crack up. Can't even run a little Jay-Dub baiting site and have a few grins without the Foaming At The Mouth Class foam at the mouth. And then there are the usual dire warnings, "You're all gonna burn, burn, burn forever and ever amen. And I gonna be living in YOUR HOUSE when you're gone too, buster." And these nuts believe this shit, too, man.

You think maybe it's something in the water? Bad unleavened bread? That tight stricture you get when there has been insufficient release of precious bodily fluids causing a back pressure in certain nether regions which translate into an upsurge through the first chakra resulting in an increase in intra-cranial pressure causing dumb thoughts to be sparked and your eyes to bug out along with a corresponding pain known as Blue Balls? There's a new sulfa compound for that, you know, sulfa-buse. I think these guys should try it.

Francois

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• Larsguy
    Larsguy

Dear Francois,
    The Bible says that "nobody knows the DAY nor HOUR" but it doesn't say the month or year would not be prophesied. The Bible implies the year of the second coming in both the "1335 days" prophecy and the "7 times" prophecy.

So you're just another jive disbeliever, obviously, who hasn't done their homework and just don't like us believers enjoying our fantasies.

Besides, that statement was made about the second coming and not Armageddon. It is true that that date, Armageddon is left in God's own discretion.

The problem with you Bible critics is you presume to understand the Bible but don't, then misinterpret it, misread it and misquote it and then find your own problems with those errors, as in this case.

Even so, we Bible thumpers don't have to thump so heavily now since many of the prophesies for the last generation, which ended in 1994 have been fulfilled, including the second coming which occurred in 1992!!! So we have less to talk about what MIGHT happen since we are in on what really did happen.

LG

Cheerio

• spinner
    spinner

Larsguy,

I beg to differ with you on "nobody knows the day or hour".
    Read Matthew 24:48-51...It says "if that slave.. should say 'my master is delaying',.... and should beat his fellow servants (etc) the master of that servant will come in a day when he does not expect him, and at an hour of which he is not aware. So the opposit here is that if the slave obeys his master, he will know exactly when HE IS COMING. Also, the word for slave is not masc gender, but neuter. A woman gives birth to the kingdom. I believe actions of ONE person whom God is guiding, will know when Jesus will be here by the
    accomplishments of their work. By the way, now that we are at Matt.
    24, the word translated the domestics (verse45),tes therapeias, is actually translated everywhere in the Bible," the healing", not the
    domestics.

You also say the above statement,"nobody knows the hour" refers to the second coming of Jesus, not armageddon. Tell me, just what does it mean at second thessalonicans verse7," the revelation of the Lord Jesus from Heaven with the Angels of power in a flaming fire dispensing retributive justice to those not acknowledging God, and to those not being obedient to the glad tidings of our Lord Jesus. '????
    If this is not armageddon, what is it?

Another point I need to make, when there is no law, there is no judgement.(romans 4:13) The Book of Daniel 12:11, says" and from the time that the constant feature has been removed and there has been a placing of the disgusting thing....." The constant feature, is the
    continual sacrifice(see footnote at bottom of Lrg. Brown NWT) of Jesus removed, because it is no longer needed as the laws are being kept by righteous individuals, and the judgement can commence.
    Romans 2:13 says, "For the hearers of the laws are not the ones righteous before God, but the DOERS OF THE LAW will be declared righteous."

To put this all in perspective, The faithful and discreet slave,a woman (tes parousia), does the work she is guided to do, that of providing the tree of life here on earth (for healing) for those who obey the commandments (see Rev.22:14 diaglott shows oldest Mss trans.) Righteous persons start keeping the laws, and the disgusting thing that causes desolation is put in place (armageddon)--the flaming fire of Jesus and his powerful angels. People who love God, and obey His commandments find the location of Jesus because they recognize the apostasy, and the man of lawlessness in connection to the woman (parousia) who the mol ties to destroy her and her seed, those who keep the laws (Rev12:17) by publically degrading her personal integrity. Keep awake, the future holds events worth
    examining.

Also, Jesus has not fulfilled the Sabbath. The Sabbath fulfilled is God's Kingdom. HIS healing on the Sabbath was a preview of that day. Love to truth seekers

• Francois
    Francois

Hey Religious Nut:

I don't claim to understand the bible in any way you'd recognize as a function of the higher intellect given that you don't have one.

What I do claim to understand is the mind of the religious nut. Yours for example. Your psychological makeup is a veritable cornucopia (that's a big curving horn) of dysfunctionality ranging from your conviction that you are living a ruined life, down to the seedy basement of the belief that you can redeem your spoiled self in something bigger and better than your shell of a life, namely the WTB&TS.

In order to do this, you abandon yourself to an infallible leader offering to you an extravagant hope, the hope of living forever in a paradise earth in which all people who refuse to buy into your imagine-redeeming self-delusion have been cleansed. This of course frees you from the need to hate all who differ from you, you think, because they have been expunged from life. How handy for you not to have to defend the indefensible any more, since you were so poor at it to begin with.

You are a mental defective and you resent that people like myself and others have the temerity to point this out to you, robbing thereby your opportunity for continued self-delusion...and with it your chance to attain that blissful state of self-forgetfulness in which you aren't forced to remember that you and your ruined life are nothing more than a pimple on the ass of a real life.

You should get one some day...a life I mean. Will likely take more than a few seasons of therapy, but you could redeem yourself in a way that will give you some self respect, something you obviously have never had.

Where it is a duty to worship the Sun you can be sure that a study of the laws of heat is a crime.

• spinner
    spinner

Larsguy,

It's obvious you do a lot of thinking, and studying. But there
    are some things you cannot possibly know until certain events occur.
    For example, the NAME of the BEAST will become known by media events that have not yet happened. By understanding, you will be one of those few, who are saved because only those righteously dispossed will be able to. This knowledge is going to cause great division among those who love Jehovah.

HINT: read Rev 13:17, which says, "nobody can buy or sell unless they have the mark of the beast" A better, and more accurate trans.
    would say, " ONLY those with the mark of the BEAST buy and sell.IN
    OTHERWORDS, those who do not keep the Sabbath. This is a very revealing scripture to identify the name of the BEAST which means
    LAWLESSNESS And remember, Jesus no more fulfilled the Sabbath law,
    anymore than HE fulfilled the other 10 commandments. He fullfilled the sacrifices, which brought sinful man back into relationship with
    God. And when man no longer sins, the sacrifice is removed. And what is sin? Romans 3: 20 says," for by law is the accurate
    knowledge of sin". also, Paul said, in Romans 6:15," Shall we commit a sin because we are not under law, but under undeserved kindness? Never may that happen!!" Therefore all said: sin = not obeying God's law.

God's laws = treat others how you
    want them to treat you.

Why is it so hard?, spin.

• Zagor Almanah
    Zagor Almanah

Mark of The Beast is breaking God's 4th commadement ( SABBATH) with your HAND, and accepting a doctrine of man in ( YOUR MIND). You can do it by working on Saturday and rest on ( SUNDAY, day of the sun) hereby keeping false SABBATH, which the Catholic Church changed during the time of Constantine) Please notice and understand that Mark of The Beast is given in the right hand or forehead, just as God's SIGN ( SABBATH). Satan is cunning and deceitful. He is attacking the command people would least think about, in order to keep a job and LIVE. Punishment for those that reject this will be death by guillotine.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Mark of The Beast is breaking God's 4th commadement ( SABBATH) with your HAND, and accepting a doctrine of man in ( YOUR MIND). You can do it by working on Saturday and rest on ( SUNDAY, day of the sun) hereby keeping false SABBATH, which the Catholic Church changed during the time of Constantine) Please notice and understand that Mark of The Beast is given in the right hand or forehead, just as God's SIGN ( SABBATH). Satan is cunning and deceitful. He is attacking the command people would least think about, in order to keep a job and LIVE. Punishment for those that reject this will be death by guillotine.

Just to be safe I will rest on Saturday and Sunday.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit