Are Jehovah's Witnesses Spoilsports? Quote An Example!

by Englishman 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'll start.

January Awake, 1972:

After the assembly in Fargo, North Dakota, a local resident wrote a letter-to the city?s television station, WDAY, which said, in part:

"I have lived here in Fargo for over fifty years and conventions have come and gone, but after they have ?gone??what a mess . . .

"Not so, however, with the Jehovah?s Witnesses. First, they literally scrubbed the auditorium, and that they had scrubbed themselves was evident in their dress and appearance. None of the male members bedecked themselves in long hair, whiskers or patched and threadbare jeans. Amongst the ladies there was no evidence of ?mini? skirts, shorts or other distasteful or lustful appearance. The children were all neatly dressed, combed and well behaved. . . . Their conduct was unreproachable."

Would you like to live under a government whose citizens all abide by the fine moral standards of God?s Word? The Bible explains that soon God?s kingdom will destroy all present earthly governments, and will be the only government controlling earth?s affairs. (Matt. 6:9, 10; Dan. 2:44) Only those who truly love righteousness and give allegiance to God?s rule will then be permitted by God to live on earth.

Good, eh?

Englishman.

• Woman know your place
    Woman know your place

interesting... I remember at a convention in Ireland they read out a similar letter of 'praise' from a local restaurant owner.... but three weeks later in the privacy of our kingdom halls, elders were instructed to read out a letter which detailed several complaints from local hotels, who said the witnesses were noisy and raucous!

• Celtic
    Celtic

Can certainly think of a few spoilsports thats for sure. Need I go go, oh sorry, none of them are witnesses anymore, sorry Mike, you were not thought of at all in my posts today, hence pay no heed.

• glitter
    glitter

I bet the letter in that Awake was sent in by JWs anyway (if it even existed).

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Amongst the ladies there was no evidence of ‘mini’ skirts,

Thats hard to believe.

• Mutz
    Mutz

Probably because all the elders were wearing them......

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    Amongst the ladies there was no evidence of ?mini? skirts, shorts or other distasteful or lustful appearance.

At Dodger Stadium there was cleavage for miles.

Besides, isn't it too cold in N. Dakota for any of that type of dress?

LABD

• avishai
    avishai

How 'bout the dumbass elder that told my newly JW stepdad that all my superman stuff (that my deceased elder father had bought for me) was demonized because Superman was a god? He did'nt consult w/ my mom, and when we got home, it had all been burned.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

C'mon now lets not start bashing North Dakota!

Trust me, the sisters there dress there as suggestively as anywhere else...

No Apologies

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Englishman,

That material is too old! The reality is different today. An assembly is just another fashion show in which the sisters try to one-up eachother; cleavage and short dresses/skirts is the order of the day.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit