Does the U.S. need its own version of M.I.5??

by Crazy151drinker 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Our current domestic intelligence is gathered by the FBI, which IMHO sucks at it and should stick at what it does best- ie handle Federal Crimes. The FBI and the ACLU are concerned that if Kerry wins, he will push for the establishment of a new Dept. Maybe we can call it Central Reconnaissance And Protection aka C.R.A.P.

My question for you the viewer is 2 fold:

1) Do we need our own version of M.I.5

and for our British viewers

2) How do you feel about M.I.5? Is it effective? Do they abuse their powers?

• Atilla
    Atilla
    Our current domestic intelligence is gathered by the FBI, which IMHO sucks at it and should stick at what it does best- ie handle Federal Crimes

I really think that is one of the problems, too many laws to inforce. After 9/11, I thought the FBI was going to be different, they wouldn't waste so many resources on chasing drug dealers, etc. but no, same old same old. This is one reason I could never get involved in law enforcement, policing the ridiculous while dropping the ball when it comes to terrorists.

• Englishman
    Englishman

MI 5 concerns itself with our National security in the UK.

MI 6, often called the Secret Service, concerns itself with our security in other countries.

Englishman.

• seawolf
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

English,

So what is the British equivelent of the FBI? Scottland Yard??

The concerns here (and I agree with them) is that the FBI is good at busting Drugies (not that they should be), Mobsters, Bank Robers, Smuglers etc..etc.. but they dont have the foggiest clue when it comes to gathering intelligence. The CIA is good at it but they are not allowed (in theory) to opperate within the States.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

If they put anything like that up here, I'll just use my second amendment right and shoot them down. Simple. Government has no right to try to spy on me.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

An MI5 type organization has been talked about since 9-11, who knows.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Department of Homeland Security *cough* *cough*

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The Dept of Homeland Security is a Joke *LOL*

They dont do crap besides issue worthless warnings

• dh
    dh
    So what is the British equivelent of the FBI? Scottland Yard??

scotland yard is the headquarters of regular cops & i think special branch cops.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit