Once Anointed, Always Anointed?

by Sweetp0985 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

min, old lite, perhaps; but the decades-long ambivalence about "are you sure, really sure, that you're one of the anointed?" betrays that the same fundamental psychology is still at play.

I knew a fellow at Bethel; first met him in Palmdale, California. He was my age. He ended up being the TM overseer at the Brooklyn congregation...I remember standing in the back of the Hall as he counseled Fred Franz on one of his talks (gave him a W/O). LOL

Same thing: >>whispers from others<< (He's so young! How could he possibly be one of the anointed?????)

I hope Dan is doing well.

Craig

• Justin
    Justin

Sweetp0985,

To answer your question, it has always been standard JW/Bible Student teaching that those faithful ones who lived before Christ did not have a heavenly hope and will live instead on the paradise earth. The outpouring of the holy spirit at Pentecost constituted the initial anointing of Christ's followers.

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

I spent nearly 25 years of the JW anointed. Once anointed, always anointed. Upon being DF'd, an anointed person can be reinstated and remain anointed. If the anointed person dies in an "unfaithful" condition, only then are they replaced by one among the Great Crowd. - Jim W.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Good question. Amazing1914 - you finally answered my question about it. I also thought that if an annointed person left the JW's or was DF'ed - another person was selected. But then what would happen if the DF'ed person came back....would the newbie then be un-annointed? So your response answers that.

But if the annointing began at pentacost...wasn't that a really long time ago?? How could there possibly still be 8000 living annointed persons? Also a person is annointed and of the FDS class, then why isn't everything they say considered significant holy communication? Only what the 12-17 in Brooklyn says counts as anything. How do they explain that?

Sorry - I have a lot more questions than answers!

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I'm with you bubbamar. I have sooo many questions. But I mean I would think that people like Moses, Abraham, and other holy holy ones would definitely be in a much closer relationship with GOD then any of the "anointed" ones from C.T. Russell onward. I mean in the bible God himself said, well I'm not quite positive about it, but wasn't Abraham God's friend so wouldnt people like him be in heaven. I don't think that makes alot of sense. People before Christ's death were in a more perfect state than people from Russell onward so why would God choose people that were more imperfect to be in heaven with him than people he actually spoke to himself(Moses) I mean he even let Moses see him (his glory/backside). I'm sorry I just don't understand and I'm getting more and more frustrated because of other things going concerning JW's, such as people trying to force me back into it and making me feel guilty for not wanting to go back. (see thread I NEED ADVICE!!!) I'm almost at the point of just giving up and going back for the hell of it to shut them the hell up and then just go inactive after reinstatement if they do reinstate me.

• kj
    kj

Sweetp0985- Please don't go back to the JWs! That would be a huge mistake. I can't even begin to imagine how you feel, as I have never been a JW or put in your position, but I've read enough stories here to know that going back is not a solution. The love they give you is conditional, you will never be able to be yourself and know that they love you for who you are. I'm so sorry for what you are going through, and I will keep you in my prayers.

kj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit