Feild service just became totally optional. July 1 watchtower 2004.

by XQsThaiPoes 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

"today we likewise do not use fear or simular negative emotions, such as shame, to coerce others into obeying christ. Only whole souled obedience based on love for god and christ makes jehovahs heart rejoyce."

So if you feel half-a* about door knocking stay home.

• Gopher
    Gopher

What they publish in the Watchtower is just trying to persuade some people that their ministry appeals to people in a LOVING way.

What they publish in the "Our Kingdom Ministry" and say at service meetings and assemblies and such is quite different. They DO want to instill fear of the future and fear of Jehovah (Armageddon!!) to motivate people to urgent action, to come to God's only true organization.

Of course, any "ministry" (religious or otherwise) to be effective, must come from the heart. But to a JW, you're not a "Witness" unless you go out and witness.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Part of being a witness is being an observant innocent bystander

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    to coerce others into obeying christ.

That's right... don't use guilt to tell people they are disobeying christ.

• Badger
    Badger

This is great, XQ...I'm using this henceforth...very Lutheran.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

EW tell a jew a buddist or muslim they a disobeying the christ. Not so bad eh?

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

They don't coerce them with negative emotions, etc.? That's weird!!!!!! I could swear that after reading that quote, I felt coerced into believing that for me to be acceptable in Jehoober's eyes, I would have to be whole-souled in my devotion to their organization, which has always been and still is based on how many hours you put in brain-washing teaching others.

When an organization's whole premise is that they are chosen by God, they can be nothing other than be coercive. (IMHO)

Brad

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Now Brother, did you you remember to hand in your service report this month? You know it is a loving expression of the bountiful gifts we give to show our thankfulness. And of course you would not want to be labeled weak and put on the inactive list.

• searcher
    searcher

Are they trying to appear mainstream?

• Satanus
    Satanus

No real change. It would impact the bottom line too much, if it was left up to the individual's discretion. It's like when some things became matters of the conscience. They added the line, 'just because it's a conscience matter, doesn't mean that you can do what you want'.

Huh?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit