2 Year Anniversary !!!!! and give credit to those who influence you

by ApagaLaLuz 13 Replies latest jw friends

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

yep, it's 2 subjects in 1 :)

Well I suppose it's customary (sp?) to share my changes on this 2 yr anniversary of me joining the JWD, so here goes nothing.

I joined this board 2 years ago, after coming from another board that was almost strictly JW related. Or rather JW teachings/doctrines and the falicies of them. I had already left a couple of years before. And while many say how influencial the internet community was to them leaving, I'm still thankful that I was not influenced. For me, realizing the lies I was fed growing up, and researching on my own, and discovering on my own is something I will always be thankful for to myself.

I was an angry punk rawk chick when I first began posting. I was ignored, but still did alot of reading. Since then I gained joint custody of my nephew Spencer, whom I'm most certain had teh biggest influence in calming me down. I gained a relationship with some of my estranged JW family.

So to sum things up: there are some wonderful beautiful people on this board. I have most certainly learned something from so many of you that I've tried to emulate and turn in to a permanent part of myself. Especially many of the women on here have helped me gain a firmer grasp on what it takes to be a good woman. I dont usually like to name specific names but I do need to say to a few of the following women:

LyinEyes: You have taught me what it means to keep a man happy and be a mother and wife, without losing sense of your own identity

Mulan: You have taught me how a tolerant woman with class should act

Mouthy: You have given not only myself, but many others such great advice, that even in my offline life I constantly think about

Sassy: You have taught me how to open up and embrace new members of an online community, and how to party and make up for lost time

Xena: You have taught me how to be well rounded in my wit (even if others dont always think so) and how beneficial being self-assured can be

SimpleSally: The art of a feel good fluff thread :)

Blondie: Intelligence makes it possible to be taken seriously

Cruzanheart: being firm, and knowing how to 'run with the big boys' without becoming insensitive

Xenawarrior: Keeping a positive attitude no matter what

Windchaser: Kindness and femininity

Arrowstar: You constantly keep me challenged to keep up with you as an over-all person

CountryGirl: Again a woman who isnt afraid to speak her mind, and have an incredible wit

Along with so many of my "roll dawgs" Maybesbabies, Stefanie, Sandy, Talesin, reboot, BettyBoop, CodeBlue, Doodle, Jwbot, flower and Bulldog. You ladies are some of the funnest, most un-catty (is that a real word or did I just make up another one?) ladies. I look forward to seeing you guys around.

There are so many gorgeous, wonderful women on here I felt like sharing. Yes you guys are pretty darn good as well.

There are so many of you guys who have offered me great advice or just a funny line. I feel like in teh 2 years on this board you have all given me a much better understanding of the male mind. (of course then I go out with my guy friends and they undue all teh good you have have done)

I just wanted to thank everyone who contributes here. Especially those with such great JW knowledge. I learned so much and continue to from you guys. You may not always get the credit you deserve, but rest assured that there are sooooo many lurkers on this board who you may be influencing.

As I end this emotionally soaked, feel good fluff thread, if I havent gotten a chance to name you specifically yet I will, I've been drinking a beer while I write this, so cut me some slack aye?

p.s. in 2 years, one would think my typing skills owuld have at least improved a bit :)

Okay your turns

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

lol if time on the board improved typing skills then I should be a pro

Congrats on 2 years here = and it seems on all you have learned

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Thanks Lady!! I love you for having priorities :) oh yeah, and for not deleting me yet :)

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

(((((((((((Chevys))))))))))))))))

Thank you !!!! Love ya girl !!!

What you are doing in your life and for Spencer is HUGE. I hope you feel some of the humble pride inside you that he will show you as life goes on- for the gift you have given to him. You are an amazing woman !!

Lisa

• talesin
    talesin

Chevys

You have taught me to loosen up a bit, I'm far too serious.

Being called un-catty is one of the nicest compliments in the world, thanks. It's one of the things I like about myself, and it's great to know that others can see it. We do have quite an amazing group of wimmins, don't we? The guys here are pretty special, too.

Oh, and you send the best kisses.

mwah! mwah!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Thankyou for your input Chevys

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

LOL!! Oh no you dont Stilla! I'm not letting you kill my thread

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

((((Chevys!!!!!))))))

*muah*

lol I still havent figured out that pinapple trick. lol

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

It's not too complicated Stef. Just eat a can or half a can of pineapples and drink the juice a few hours before bed, they'll be thanking you in the morning

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

LOL!! Oh no you dont Stilla! I'm not letting you kill my thread I swear that was not my intention chevys

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit