ever had an out-of-body experience?

by poppers 52 Replies latest jw friends

• poppers
    poppers

Once in a while, usually in the morning shortly after waking up, I find my "body" lifting up from my physical body, but I remain attached at the head. It's a very pleasant experience but I wish I could totally separate from the physical body so I could go exploring. This happened this morning again.

Sometimes I'll have a lucid dream where I know I am dreaming. This is always a fun time because then I simply will myself to fly but it never lasts for very long. How about you? Can you induce out-of-body experiences, and if so, how do you do it?

• Mulan
    Mulan

Many times.

When I was a child, I would fly at night, and go see the neighbors. I am still not sure it was a dream or if I really did it. Once when my parents were visiting friends, I followed them, flying. The next day I asked them why Maxine didn't like Mom's cake that she took over there. She was shocked and I innocently told her I was there, watching them. I was about 8, and thought everyone could do that. She convinced me it was a dream, but I still wonder.

When I had my second child, I had the "floating above the table" experience. They had given me a drug to put me out, and I was floating over everyone, watching it all. As soon as the baby was born (another boy), I slipped back into my body. Later they told me they had a little emergency with me, and my heart had stopped briefly.

Always makes me wonder.

• poppers
    poppers

Mulan,

My gut feeling is that your childhood experience was a genuine OBE (but then, who am I to say). Others have a way destroying one's ability (especially children's) for genuine experiences such as OBEs because they "know better", and make one question one's own experience.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Ive been elsewhere in a few trance-like states but never the "looking down at my body" type thing.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Right before surgery, I had one, then i started telling my doctor how much i loooooooved him...lol It was funny cuz he just delieved my baby the day before, so he already seen my cookie...lol

• Celtic
    Celtic

Hmmmmmmmm

Come take me by the hand, lets go for a float around the universe. Actually, tas only been these past 2 years or so my dreams have been in my own body totally upon the surface of this ruddy planet, before then I had many flying, levitation and inter galaxy lucid dreams. Bouncing off the rings of Saturn was great fun in huge swirling figures of eight, wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, hell yeah, good fun.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I used to read quite a bit about OBEs, lucid dreams, and whatnot. However, I've never had the pleasure of experiencing this.

I find my "body" lifting up from my physical body, but I remain attached at the head.

Apparently, the head is the most difficult to disconnect from. I knew a guy I went to school with who told me about his experiences. He said it's the easiest to have an OBE when you're sick in bed.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

chanting a mantra (or something else easily rememberd not flippant.. can't chant "Cheeseburger" overf and over) can help also, as it is something of a mental sledgehammer which continually breaks the mind's attempts to wander and greadually forces the mental arising into smaller waves. Calmness is important for any mental endeavour.

• Mary
    Mary

I've never had an OBE, but I'm quite interested in the subject.......they sound remarkably like those that have a Near Death Experience. I wonder if it's your soul that's temporarily leaving your body?? Fasinating subject. Is it possible to 'induce' an OBE??

When I hear experiences like Mulan's, it really makes me think that we're not just flesh and bone.........

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, at every meeting I left my body and left the building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit