Come to think of it, I don't know why we were given the Family Book

by Nosferatu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I know it's a JW tradition at worldly weddings to give the stupid Family Happiness book. I really don't know why it was given to us, since I told my mother that I have all the publications on the WT CDrom. I could read it if I wanted to.

I'm guessing it's a way to enforce it, or possibly convert my fiance, which is very doubtful from everything I've told her, and especially after she saw the Fifth Estate special.

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

It's "wife" now, Nos. I saw the pictures.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    I really don't know why it was given to us, since I told my mother that I have all the publications on the WT CDrom.

It counts as a placement? this way.

Walter

• Gopher
    Gopher

Um, I think your mom believes its value "spiritually" will outlast the toasters and wine glasses and stuff you got.

And it's a very inexpensive present. Did she buy you a real present, or was the Family book the entire package?

Congrats on your wedding.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

The Family book has more than 1 use. If you read it into a tape player, then play the tape backwards it will tell you how to totally destroy your family and cause lifelong emotional harm to your children. Nifty little book actually.

(Congrats on the wedding!)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    It's "wife" now, Nos. I saw the pictures.

LOL! Oops. Not used to using that word yet!

Did she buy you a real present, or was the Family book the entire package?

No, she gave us a nice amount before the wedding. The Family book was just the topping on the cake. No wait, that was the dinosaurs. Anyway, we got the [edit] book. Another JW who attended said in her card, "I know your mother gave you the family book, and it has really benefitted me and (husband)'s marriage." I've seen them interact, and I don't want to be like them. If I wouldn't have known better, I could swear that SHE's the head of the house!

Anyway, my wife's gonna read it. I wonder if she'll make it all the way through without falling asleep.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

Having the book on CD is not the same - you miss all the pictures it comes with

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Oh yeah, the pictures!!! You need those pics of the wife bowing down to the husband, and the children smiling happily, studying the Watchtower with the family.

Seriously, I can't remember what pictures are in there, but I'm guessing I'm not too far off.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

pbblt why bother with the family book.. jw men " its my way or the highway and if you choose the highway you'll get disfellowshipped"

there..summed up the whole book in one sentence.. arent i clever?

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

I have to say that I kind of like the "the wife bowing down to the husband" part of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit