Which songs remind you or take you back to what events?

by doodle-v 16 Replies latest jw friends

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

There are a ton of songs I hear that take me back to certain times of my life or one event in particular:

Pour Some Sugar on Me- Def Leppard-- My sixth grade last day of school party

Parents just dont understand-DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince--The summer going into six grade, I remember recording the song and trying to memorize all the words

Baby Got Back-Sir Mix a Lot-- Junior Year of Highschool, believe it or not my friends and I would sing that song in the car when we were in field service (of course when the adults were making a return visit and we were waiting in the car)

CoolyHighHarmony-Boys to Men-- Junior Year of Highschool again waiting in the car in field service, i'd turn the radio up when that song came on

Turn your love around-- George Benson---I was only 4 years old, but i remember my mom would play that song over and over and over and over and over

There are plenty more but i'll give you guys a turn, what are some song do you link to certain times or events?

edited to add: no kingdom songs allowed!! "Wordly" songs only!!

-Doodle-V

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

SWV's "Your Always on My Mind"- My first boyfriend dedicated that song to me during a high school talent show. That was BAD because our relationship was supposed to be on the DL. Other JWs attended that school. It was really sweet though.

Zapp & Roger's "Computer Love"- When we used to skip classes in 10th grade we always listened to that song. . don't ask me why.

Any Temptations songs- Reminds me of my childhood. My parents were big Motown lovers, especially the Temptations. We'd listen to their tape every time we got in the car.

Memories..

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Roxy Music: Pajamarama. I hadn't heard this song for a long time, but when I finally did, I suddenly remembered going to look at some property with my parents which they didn't buy. I described the property to my parents from my memory, and the fact that I was perched on my dad's shoulders. Sure enough it happened, and I was about 2 at the time.

XTC, "Chalkhill's and Children" 1989 on a boatride back to a campground, multifamily vacation, best friend's sister I had a crush on, rests her head on my shoulder to take a nap in the moonlight, while I played a cassette on my walkman loud enough for her to hear though my own headphones. I never told her I had the biggest crush on her. If you're readin this in your corner of the globe, hello Emily.

Level 42, "Overtime". Had this lousy job at a bindery. Played that song a lot at home.

Mapletime Rag: My oldest daughter loved that piece when she was just a baby.

well that's some

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Meatloaf's "Paradise By the Dashboard Light" was fresh on the radio the summer I was spending a lot of time with this girl who lived near me. I haven't seen her since high school, but I still think of her & the back seat of a Ford Pinto when I hear the song.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

So many I could list

"Gasoline Alley Bred" by The Hollies reminds me of my first crush back in the winter of 1992 (yeah, the songs don't match the era)

"Angel" by Shaggy reminds me of when my first fiance left me

"Little Green Bag" by George Baker Selection (which I'm listening to right now) reminds me of when I was in grade 3.

The entire Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure soundtrack reminds me of when I was dating my wife

"Heartbreaker" and "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin remind me of when I lost my virginity

"Sunshine" by Nazareth reminds me of my ex-fiance's sister

• doodle-v
    doodle-v

I'm So Excited-The Pointer Sisters--My sister and I were singing that song before we went to Disneyland for the first time, lol

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

HMMMMM.....

Van Halen's Ice Cream Man reminds me of mowing lawns for a neighbor with a hot 20-ish daughter that loved to sunbathe (i was 15 at the time and full of raging hormones).

Boston's Smokin' of driving to Santa Fe, NM to visit my g/f.

Led Zepplin's Stairway to Heaven of when a group of JW teens got loaded while ditching school.

Glenn Frey's You Belong to the City...the first night I drove in Los Angeles.

LABD

• RR
    RR

The 1970s was a complete blur to me ... shall we say Cheech and Chong?

• Carmel
    Carmel

"The Happy Whistle" by Dave "Baby" Cortez winning the regional championship 3A basket ball tourney with a 24 pt game.

carmel

• Bryan
    Bryan

Lionel Richie: Three Times a Lady ... My first infactuation at 14. I used to look at her picture before bed when I was visiting family in OK. My elder uncle told me it was creature worship and to stop lookng at her.

Bryan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit