Read the Bible alone for 2 years and you will lose the truth?

by TowerWatch 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Anyone remember the publication where Russell said that if someone read his works for 2 years even without the Bible they would learn the truth but if they read the Bible without his publications they would lose the correct understanding of the Bible in 2 years? It was something like that, I can?t find it I?m trying to quote it and I?m not sure which Watchtower or book it was in, can someone help me. Thanks!

TowerWatch

• blondie
  • Ranch
    Ranch

This is still true!

If a person reads the Bible especially the Greek scriptures with an open clear thinking mind they will see that WT is lieing to them!

I know because this is what happened to me, but it didn't take two years. It started with me reading the context around the scriptures read and quoted at the meetings. I encourage all you JWs out there to do the same, it's okay remember the Boreans?

Anyway, I was freaked out at what I was learning. They are the worlds worst for taking things out of context and twisting scriptures to their doctrine. I then started reading the Bible to see what else they lied to me about. I walked away completly disgusted!

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thank you Blondie!

TowerWatch

• Atilla
    Atilla

Why waste another 2 years?

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

The catholic's were the first to notice that if you let a 1000 people read the bible you will have 1000 religions... the reason is simple...the bible is only a mirror of who ever is reading it... we all will come away with many things that we see in common as we are all to a degree based on the body systems, similar cultures to a greater extent than differences, etc...but then there are our unique expeirences, our unique perspectives and these too we read into any text, not just the bible....

a thousand virgins reading the kama sutra will not understand it the way a sexually experienced author intends it no matter how smart they are no matter how willing, no matter how desirous... they simply do not have the one thing that the author is seeking to impart and share... experience.

its easy to pretend that we KNOW what the author intended and many are very CONvincing when they give extremely rational sounding interpretations...but ultimately there is no god that we can all appeal to and ask, is this the right view vs that? it all boils down to gut feelings in the end, and when you realize that gut feelings are based on your comparison of the world around you to some inner ideal which you arrived at largely by unconscious means, such as enculturation, religious indoctrination, traditions and brainwashing by peer pressure.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"take heed then how you hear, for to him who has, more will be given.."

I believe the good news is

"...to him who has not, even the small amount he has will be taken away"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself

• Carmel
    Carmel

Zen, try reading the Kitab'Iqan then reconsider your conslusions.

:-) carmel

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Where as the reality is "Read the bible alone for two years and you will gain the truth, but lose the WTBTS

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Zen, try reading the Kitab'Iqan then reconsider your conslusions.

what do you think I said wrong?

in reading this on line, I find no significant difference from the con game of other religions, what I am supposed to be seeing?

I see the same BS [beliefs system] presented by other as an excuse for why only believers can "get it" and unbelievers can see no evidence.... just like the emporers new clothes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit