For those who still attend meetings

by TweetieBird 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I've noticed that there are quite a few on this board like me that still go to meetings, probably for the same reason I do. I look around the KH and wonder if anyone else in my congregation has the same feelings I do about "the truth." I wish there was a secret buzz word or sign that would signal another defector in the hall, kind of like in the Highlander when another mortal was approaching.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Tweetie Bird, I have exactly the same thoughts. I went to the DC this past weekend, and was wondering if there was anyone who frequented this board.

I heard that wearing "loud colors" is an indicator, but I'm not sure if it's just one of those rumours, you know, brothers wearing outrageously coloured suits, or with extra wide stripes.

• blondie
    blondie

Like this truthseeker?

Old Time Chain Gang Jumpsuit

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just use a marker to write a big A on your forhead.

• Pinned Blouse
    Pinned Blouse

Instead of wearing a "WWJD" bracelet, how about wearing a "JWD" bracelet and see if catches someones eye, reach very slowly when handed the microphone to grab as much screen time as possible.

PB

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Instead of wearing a "WWJD" bracelet, how about wearing a "JWD" bracelet and see if catches someones eye, reach very slowly when handed the microphone to grab as much screen time as possible.

Good one!

• Richie
    Richie

What happened to his head Blondie? Just wondering......LOL

• blondie
    blondie

His head was removed to protect the innocent. What does a JW need a head for anyway, especially at the convention?

Blondie

• xLaurax
    xLaurax

Heh i know wot ya mean! Can't seem to completely stop goin to the meetings... theres something there i don't think i can quite fully let go of. However, this time i missed the DC.. felt kinda weird. The after exam parties seemes so much more appealing

xLaurax

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Many of us are going, although I miss as many meetings as possible, just to keep peace with family and friends.

I've outgrown 'the truth'. Nothing can make me go back to the attitude I had before I found out the real truth about the WTBTS.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit