Just called Bethel

by Atilla 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Atilla
    Atilla

They take a long lunch break, 12-1, so I had to call back. I decided to call because I wanted to hear the defense they would give because I just emailed my parents the UN NGO pdf. Well, right away he went into the library card excuse saying that back in 91 WT representatives were forced to sign paperwork so they could continue to use the library. Then he tried the line that it doesn't really matter anyways because even if you are a NGO, it doesn't mean you are in the UN. I said that is correct but even if you are a NGO, you still must uphold the prinicples of the UN.

I went on talk about magazine articles that have given the UN a positive light. Then he said well, the WT just regards the UN just like any other government organization, and we use them because we pay taxes. I said you have to pay taxes but you don't have to sign paper work to belong to a library at the UN. He failed to see the connection. Then the WT man quoted W Oct 1, 95 pg 7 as evidence that the Org. has given a balanced view of the UN but that Jehovah's organization is the only solution. Then he rattled on about how the WT is the only organization on earth that has true love and that is the most important thing, like I couldn't find love anywhere else.

Well, I learned really nothing from this call, and I'm probably dumber for calling. Also, it is very insulting how they ask you if are disfellowshipped, like they wouldn't continue the call if I was, what pricks. Sadly, I think if my parents called, they would be snowballed right away.

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

Wouldn't it be funny if someone from the UN called Bethel to get the WT perspective. Think they might be "snowballed" easily about their own procedures

then again, maybe not.

• Mary
    Mary
    Well, right away he went into the library card excuse saying that back in 91 WT representatives were forced to sign paperwork so they could continue to use the library.

What I'd like to know, is why they even NEEDED to use the UN library in the first place. What type of information were they looking for that they couldn't find in a regular library?

Then he said well, the WT just regards the UN just like any other government organization, and we use them because we pay taxes.

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the WTB&TS registered as a non-prophet profit organization? Do they actually pay taxes?

• RR
    RR
    Then he rattled on about how the WT is the only organization on earth that has true love and that is the most important thing, like I couldn't find love anywhere else.

That's right ... c'mere....I'll give you some love

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Also, it is very insulting how they ask you if are disfellowshipped, like they wouldn't continue the call if I was, what pricks.

I believe that if you had not been DF'd, they'd sure like to have some elders come visit to see if they could kick you out for questioning God's Appointed Channel! This happened to a good friend of mine who was the Assembly Overseer, 70 yrs old, raised a JW.

• Ciara
    Ciara
    back in 91 WT representatives were forced to sign paperwork so they could continue to use the library.

Forced by whom? And what's more important, upholding their biblical standards or a library cord?

Ciara

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Then he said well, the WT just regards the UN just like any other government organization, and we use them because we pay taxes

It's too bad you didn't ask him WHAT taxes a non-prophet (sic) organization like theirs pay.

Answer: NONE! He was a liar just like his religious masters are liars. Their dupe slaves pay taxes and their dupes send them money. However, THEY pay NO taxes. They are leeches who suck blood out of people who actually DO pay taxes.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby
    Also, it is very insulting how they ask you if are disfellowshipped

You should have asked him if he ever masterbated. Whats the difference.....it's a personal question? His real question was.......are you an apostate? He just worded it a bit different. If you said you were DFed......he would have passed the buck onto your local elders to answer your question for you. Sleezebags!

Gumby

• avishai
    avishai
    that it doesn't really matter anyways because even if you are a NGO, it doesn't mean you are in the UN

And yet they say other religions are part of the "wild beast" because they join the UN. Ya know the only way a religion can join the UN? That's right folks, as an NGO!!!

Shit by any other name still smells just as bad.

• Special K
    Special K

Good job Atilla

I take my hat off to you for having a whack at trying to understand the un-understandable.

I am not surprised by their somewhat circular talk with you...

Makes no sense.

I learned tooo that the WTS.. just don't play fair.

"Do as I say and not as I do" type of leadership.

sincerely

Special K

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit