Apostate Literature

by glitter 23 Replies latest jw friends

• glitter
    glitter

A JW once told me apostates print their "own" version of the publications with "convincing" covers to "trick" people - apparently they used to stand outside a shop in Sheffield and JWs had almost taken literature from them.

Has this got any truth to it at all? I'd have thought most self-published Apostate literature would be photocopied leaflets.

Other than the brilliant photoshopped spoof covers people post of course!

• Brummie
    Brummie

I know exjws in Sheffield and they would likely stand outside and hand those things out, I can promise you they would not hand anything out that wasnt true. They would have checked every reference to WT material and made sure they had the correct context. Naturally a JW wouldnt want people to think the apostates were handing out true material.

Brummie

• glitter
    glitter

Course I knew the *content* would be true as the content *here* is true - but what about the convincing covers part? Have Sheffield apostates got professional printing presses?

• Ciara
    Ciara

I used to hear that rumor too, glitter. I haven't thought of it for a long time. Honestly, I've never seen any apostate material, outside of the internet.

Ciara

• Brummie
    Brummie

No they dont have proffesional printing, the only material I know of that could be interpreted as being such is an old magazine that was called the Watchtower and had the same cover as their old 2 tone magazines but dealt with all the false prophecies, it looked like a Watchtower, however that is ooold and I dont think anyone would have that now, must have stopped circulating in the very early 80s before the Watchtower went full colour.. I have a copy of it somewhere but havent seen another copy of it anywhere else.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Guess Brummie's talking about these? They circulated back in the 1970's...

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yees those are the ones, I have the pink colour one still. I have never seen another publication that has the same cover as any other material though.

• blondie
    blondie

There are too much damning statements that the WTS made in the past to have to make anything up.

Blondie (hang them by their own words)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do not know any but there are publications prinetd that are direct rebuffs to certain WT publications. A good example is Why you should believe the Trinity - I think Randy publishes it and wrote it.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I think it's too much effort in most cases - the WT can be stripped with its OWN watchtowers...

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit