Coinciding w/ Bible Prophecy: 9-11, Iraq, and Bush

by ApagaLaLuz 10 Replies latest social current

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

The other night I was over at my JW parent's house. My brother-in-law (who is not a JW) and myself started discussing Michael Moore's movie. (he brought it up I swear). My parents sit there for about 10-15 minutes never saying a word. Finally my mother turns to my B-I-L and says:

"This is nothing new. Jehovah already told us this would happen. All of the world's state of affairs coicides with Bible phrophecy. We Jehovah's Witnesses have known this was going to happen for a very long time."

Oh man, I wish you could have seen the look on my B-I-L's face. It was priceless. He says "Really? Would you show me where in the Bible it predicts 9-11, and all of today's foreign affairs? If you can do that, I will be a true believer."

To which my dad says "well we'll just see who was right when Jehovah uses Bush to bring Armageddon"

Ahahahaha! Mind you I just continued washing dishes with my back turned and a HUGE grin on my face.

Finally my B-I-L says "you know what? I mean this in the nicest way, but your religious babble makes you guys sound like a bunch of crazies."

Then he stood up and walked out in to the backyard. Man it was brilliant!

• justhuman
    justhuman

JW's KNOW EVERYTHING!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Chevysntats

BIL is sharp. It would be interesting if his bush armageddon line was brought back to your father's attention after bush leaves office. Of course, without being periodically reminded of his statement, he will forget that he made it.

S

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Soooooo.... what they are saying is they knew 9/11 would happen because the WT predicted it, but it's not in the bible --

and ----

it is something they knew about in the past (9/11) which will be proven by future events (i.e. Jehober using Bush)?!

Sure! That makes sense!

NOT!

LOL! How do they think this stuff up?!

growedup

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Does this mean that the end is coming this year? Or the next 4 if Bush gets re-elected? What if nothing happens? I mean, the world is just in some state of science fiction-like chaos isn't it?

Not really, no.

So, do your parents think you'll make it through Armageddon or do they just not like to talk about it, like the 6 billion others that presumably won't make it? The white elephant the size of the moon. I swear if the Watchtower had guns we'd be fighting them instead of militant Islamists.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I used to think I knew it all. Then I left the JWs and realized I didn't know anything. Some may say I still don't

Seriously, though, this is the condescending attitude that I dislike the most about JWs, and certain Christians. They have some kind of inside info that makes them superior to others.

Makes me sad.

LABD

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao... that's funny... I don't recall any talks or publications that said "Moslem extremists will use commuter aircraft to destroy the WTC and the pentagon" or that "Bush will bring on Armageddon".

It's not a prophecy if they say it after the fact.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Ohhh..kayyyy...

So the WT was predicting 9-11? That explains their ready response to the fleeing refugees - they KNEW IN ADVANCE to lock the doors, huh...

Utter, utter nonsense. They are going to pretend that they predicted it - just like they pretended to predict 1914.

CZAR

• heathen
    heathen

I guess this has something to do with the WTBTS claiming that terrorists might be the king of the north . I think GW is claiming to be some kind of God appointed king himself . I do think he knew more than is letting on since he was conveniently out of the white house at the time . I do think he is a likely candidate for the type of world leader that could bring about a WT type anti christ .As he said himself" we shall see ".

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

GW Bush

Maniachal super evil genius?

Bumbling dunderhead simpleton?

Liberals would say, YES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit