Just got invited to an Xdub's birthday. His active son will be there!!!!!!!

by BLISSISIGNORANCE 6 Replies latest jw friends

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Now that should be fun.

Hubby and I have not been to a meeting or associating in any way for 2 years now, we get shunned for that!how awful!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow, this x dub and his never-been-a-dub wife...............he left his dub wife (can't blame him really)...........are people we enjoy spending time with. After hubby and I left the borg we have got together a few times and shared wine, laughter and stories of how the WTS has hurt us.

Tonight I got a call from his wife inviting us to his surprise birthday dinner at a fantastic restaurant on the weekend. Of course we accepted and then his wife proceeded to tell us who would be there. She rattled off the name of this person, that person and then she said his son's name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I asked if he was still in the borg because if he is still going to meetings and being a dub would he be going to his father's birthday party and taking his dub girlfriend????????????? Oh yes, he is still an active dub but she said he and the girlfriend have gone to other birthdays parties, fence sitter is how she described him.

Well................good for him. I'm looking forward to seeing him but more than that I can't wait to see his face when he sees us there, after all he wouldn't be expecting dubs there right? And hubby and I aren't DF'ed or DA'ed so we shouldn't be there either..........HA, HA, HA LOL. It should be very funny.

But on a serious note, my hubby studied with this guy when he was a young boy. He looked up to him. So he will talk to him about things if the opportunity comes up. Who knows what effect it will have on him. After all he is 'weak' according to the dubs..........which means he may be opening his mind up to other thoughts.

Anyhow, I'm excited about seeing him and having a good time. Besides, who doesn't love a good birthday party???????

Cheers, Bliss

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Hope you have a ball.

My ex and I went to a few new year parties and christmas parties, was a hoot. Every one knew we shoulden't have been there, was really funny, we felt like naughty school kids.

Have fun, wish him happy birthday for me.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

All I can say is-----I LOVE it!

In my 30 years serving the WTS, I never heard of anyone attending a birthday party....but then, how does any of us know what other JWs were doing and just not mentioning it? LOL!

hugs,

Annie

• Will Power
    Will Power

My understanding of JWs at birthday parties - and I've seen it many times, as long as they don't eat that damn cake. They can eat other cake, as long as it isn't the one that had the candles on it. LOL, and they leave the room when the blowing occurs - like going to the bathroom when the National anthem is being sung but enjoy occasion it was sung for LOL. - And eating halloween candy as long as they weren't the one collecting it LOL Or the turkey on thanksgiving & christmas cause "they were on sale" and we all get together to eat it "cause we're off work anyway" LOL

but YOU, shunned unbelieving family member, are not good enough to associate with me because I am the one doing god's (wt) will.

Thank God (literally eh?) you don't have to think like that anymore !

s

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Bliss, I hope you have a great time. Sounds like fun, and it's somehow encouraging too!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Sounds like the natives of our fair capital are getting restless, eh?

Ozzie

• TonyT
    TonyT

Be very careful! I hear that beheadings commonly occur at birthday parties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit