Sleestaks! Land of the Lost

by VM44 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin

LOL, Land of the Lost was my favorite Saturday morning show. I begged my mom to buy me cords, waffle-stompers and a kaki safari shirt just so I could play Land of the Lost and really get into it.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I loved those awful live-action shows on Saturdays back in the seventies. Land of the Lost was the best, because the Sleestaks were so scary (in their lethargic, inflexible way). Space Academy was pretty good too.

I used to hope that if my parents wound up at a door where the people let us in to do the presentation, that the kids would be watching those shows on TV (that and Superfriends and Fat Albert)

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Oh boy do I remember that show! I also remember one show: H.R. Puffenstuff (can't get a little cuz you can't get enough -- whatever that means... or I might have misinterpreted the song's lyrics!). What was the show that had some characters on it that answered the phone in their cave and it was a clam shell? My memory is so bad I can't even remember the characters, or the show's name, only that they would answer the phone: SHELLO!

Country Girl

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lol!!! I loved watching that show when I was a kid!

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Country Girl,

You are thinking of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters... another classic from Sid and Marty Krofft.

The other night I am flipping the dial, there is H.R. Pufnstuf... good times!!!

Remember the Kroffy Super Show, the Lost Saucer, Dr. Shrinker, Electra-Woman?? woohoo

No Apologies (of the grew up in the 70's class)

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Great show! Although it wasn't close captioned back then. :(

I also remember shows like Shazam, The Almighty Isis, Superfriends, etc.

Too bad they don't make Saturday Morning Cartoon shows anymore

Yiz

• Xandria
    Xandria

MMmmeeemorries like the corners of my mind.. Gawd, I loved that show as a kid. I would watch it at my Aunt Violet's. I was five... barely.

X.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Ah crap....Finally LOTL (Land of the Lost) is on TV....and I'm out of the country!

• VM44
    VM44

"I am non-refutable." --Enik the Altrusian

Now THAT is a great line!

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

Hi Huxley,

Your picture didn't show up. What is a Paradisesaurus?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit