No better way to spend your youth and other BS...

by Confucious 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Hey guys,

Just wanted to take a moment to vent about my last time I ever visit to the Kingdom Hall.

The CO was in town. I'm not DF of DA. Just not going to meetings or whatever...

Anyway, I felt sick just listening to him talk.

He was going on and on about how Pioneering and all that is such a good career for the Youth (tm).

After the talk, I came up to him and called him on his BS.

My story is that I spent just about every waking moment of my 20's as a pioneer.

My wife did too.

But the minute that we BOTH grew "spiritually weak" (tm).

The elders, CO and everyone else let us out to rot.

It was so bad, that when my wife called the CO that I was suicidal, I waited and waited for a phone call from him during his visit.

He never called.

Of course, by this time, I had already been removed as a MS and Pioneer.

The BS of it all is that this CO goes on and on about how wonderful it is to Pioneer - go to Bethel, whatever.

And here I am, a class act example of this.

All my 20's. Both me and my wife pioneering.

But as soon as I get into some trouble, it's like "see ya!!! wouldn't want to be ya!!!"

Well, just ranting right now, but it makes me so made that you can give an organization the best of your years.

And for what???

• Special K
    Special K

Hi confuscious..

I can hear the annoyance, anger and frustration in your post..

and rightfully so..

both you and your wife have given alot..

It's true when you said, " but it makes me so mad that you can give an organization the best of your years."

I found this forum to be helpful in that there are so many peers. Ones who like yourself feel ripped off by the Jehovahs witness religion.

I'm sure you will find liked minded people here.

Welcome, if I haven't said hi before..

Special K

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

Go ahead and rant, is'nt that what the board is for.

I really feel for you, i never pioneered but my mum did for a while and found it really hard, she's now sorry for dragging us kids around with her and the stress that she put us through.

I know what you mean about the lack of support, never got the support I needed. A lot still in the organisation have the same feelings.

Glad you're feeling better now. Sending you a hug.

Lehaa.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

They promote this total waste of time! I for one, used to auxilary pioneer and when I look back at the wasted time, I get ill!!

College would have been so much more beneficial. Goose greasers..

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

Thanks for your experience Conf. My experience as a pioneer, and I gave my all during those years, ended up something like that scene in The Truman Show where he rows out to sea and bumps into a sky-coloured wall. After so much effort to work towards spirituality, all that happened was that I bumped into the shallow facade that is the JW life. And that's the Truth.

• observador
    observador
    The BS of it all is that this CO goes on and on about how wonderful it is to Pioneer - go to Bethel, whatever.

Yes, they do say that. Once, in a meeting, we heard from an otherwise nice elder: "if you are not happy doing Jehovah's service, then the problem is on YOU", with stress on the word "you".

Very sickening, indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit