July 8th Awake On Adolescence & Puberty

by Ranch 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Ranch
    Ranch

Last night my mate and I read three articles from the July 8th Awake on Adolescence & Puberty. I vasilated between laughing my ass off and being apalled.

The first article is only a one page intro to the next two articles, it is entitled, The Joys And Challanges of Adolescence It basically says that we are "living in critical times hard to deal with"(2Tim 3:1) so this adds to the pressures on youths.

They quote a female editor of a Teen Magazine.

(I was thinking of how we were not allowed to read those evil teen magazeens because of the bad association, loose morals, and idolism promoted in in them, hmm, I wonder who at Watchtower is reading Teen Magazines.It's so loving of them to risk their spirituality and morals to get this important info to us?)

Anyway she describes the adolesent experience as "Walking on a tightrope without a net" she is also quoted as saying that adolescence is like being "caught between childhood and adult hood" "teens are left holding the worst attributes of each world"( This editor probably has no idea that a pedifile protecting Org is quoting her.)

The next article is entitled , "What's Happening to me?"

( LOL,I wish you could see the photo, It's a teenage boy lying in a twin bed under a sheet, fully clothed in jeans, t shirt, oh and socks! Who goes to bed like that? Someone was up on this boys ceiling and photographed him from a birds eye point of view. His hands are on the outside of the covers, clinched, and he has a very guilty and unhappy look on his face. I believe if you look at the sheets real closley you can see that he has a hard on !)

This article attempts to explain puberty, starting with the age it usually starts for both sexes,hormone changes,being clumbsy, how girls should not fear menstrual periods, gross description of what periods are,cramps, irritability, starting to care more about appearence,how your body "betrays" you by sweating , how you should shower, use deoderant, and wash your clothes to combat this pesky problem, Acne,emotions, & lonelyness,

LOL. by the way, the best way to combat loneleness is to reach out to othersby visiting the elderly and doing chores for them acording to Awake.

Then they talk about boys voices changing, They quote a boy by the name of Bill as saying " I didn't even realize my voice had changed, except that people stopped thinking I was my mom or sister when I answered the phone" They advise boys not to dispair about this because the voice will settle down in time.

The last article is "Keep Your Creator in Mind"

The quote Eccl 12:1 from The Contemporary English Bible

It says, "Keep your creator in mind when you are young! In years to come, you will be burdened down with troubles and say, "I don't enjoy life anymore"

What a positive message! The photos encourage adolescents to give up their joy in their youth by sacrificing their time to read the bible, go in service, avoid bad association, and sit in your living room visiting with your parents, thus assuring that you don't enjou any of your life!

Then they try to sell you the book, Questions Young People Ask....Answers That Work

That book brings up a whole slew of hilarious and appaling conversation subjects!But I won't go there now.

The longer I am out of the Org the weirder their teachings and behaviour become. I was just thinking of how weird and out of place these articles would seem to the typical person who happens to agree to accept these religious magazines. I

• Fleur
    Fleur

hey ranch,

my mother gave me this awale, its somewhere in my kitchen beneath piles of other junk mail lol. my child is an early bloomer of sorts suddenly and so we're starting to deal with some of the issues of a budding adolescent and my mother said "oh what perfect timing, that the brothers provided this! you just have to read it!" course since i'm the df'd spawn of darkness you'd think the brothers wouldn't want me to read it.

i haven't been able to bring myself to yet. i feel icky just looking at WT rags, er, mags, but if i can find it i will try to scan in that picture somehow in the next couple days. that is unless someone beats me to it.

laying in bed fully clothed. that's probably going to be their next advice to help prevent that nasty 'self-abuse' problem (what a phrase!) . Just never take off your clothing! of course, didn't they used to say not to wear 'tight' clothing for the same reason? but oh, you can't wear loose baggy 'gang' style pants...geez i guess the kids are really screwed, aren't they?

oh no, they can't do that either...god, i wish i could go back and have a convo with 12 year old me and tell her that in 15 years she'd see all of that nonsense for what it is, nonsense. likely she would have thought i was a demonic apparition and immediately started reading her bible aloud LOL. poor kid. i was such a little lamb.

thanks for the laugh this morning, it was helpful :)

fleur

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

From the Awake July 8, 2004 pg 4. IMO this is supposed to show a growth spurt, what it represents to any experienced pubescent is a different spurt entirely.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy
    It's a teenage boy lying in a twin bed under a sheet, fully clothed in jeans, t shirt, oh and socks!

I used to bring one of my socks to bed with me, does that count???

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I was thinking of how we were not allowed to read those evil teen magazeens because of the bad association, loose morals, and idolism promoted in in them, hmm, I wonder who at Watchtower is reading Teen Magazines.It's so loving of them to risk their spirituality and morals to get this important info to us?

Excellent point! Fricken hypocrits!

Ohio - LMOA!

• heathen
    heathen

Good Gawd , they are quoting Teen magazine ??? I suppose Dr. Spock is still demonized .It wouldn't surprise me if they only quote magazines and such that they have stock in . They really are getting more and more pitiful .

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

I can imagine the article is as goofy as the Young People Ask book..I still have it and I read it when I want a good laugh.

WTS should get their heads out of their 90 year old butts and realize how hard it is, for teenagers to be differant than their peers.

LET THEM WAX THE WEASEL ALREADY!!

• heathen
    heathen

LMAO@HeyNow . Telling teens not to is about pointless .I guess the next thing is give them a guilt complex over it . If masturbation is related to homosexuality then I guess we are all born gay .LOL

• kls
    kls

As far as body changes, this is something that should be talked over with the childs by the parents. And as far as male and female sex urges that is not the elders business,these morons are to be respected by the flock especially the children. I can 't imagine a child telling a elder of their sexual dreams etc. As far as having these feeling and having to work to rid the child of these feelings. my god the depression in these kids.

As per the watchtower it isn't worth the tree that died for it.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/74501/1.ashx

After all the taned, sundress wearing hoties at the District ASSemby's, it only made sense to go to bed early. Told my parents, I wanted to be well rested for following days program

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit