Picketing Duluth Georgia convention

by Junction-Guy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Aaron2 - If they're happy, that's fine. I was very unhappy, but felt under extreme pressure to pretend to myself and everyone else that I was one of the 'happiest people on earth' TM . How many JW's are really happy? I don't know about LDS, but I'm very sure many, many JW's are very miserable becuase of the tennants of their religion and the guilt and fear tactics used to manipulate them into staying an being a part of the thing.

The JW's train people to campaign constantly to change peoples religion so as to bring 'improvments' to their lives - it's hardly suprising that once people see through the nonsense that they reverse the focus of the campaign and fight back - JW's used to do a lot of picketing, including of churches on Sundays.

I don't know how effective/counter-productive picketing might be, I personaly probably wouldn't do it. But the sight of the picketers did stick in my JW mind, and sites like this and others helped me accept that there was happiness outside the JW's.

Max

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Aaron, growing up a witness had alot of negative effects both emotionally and financially on me, Even if I ever get over it, I feel I must do whatever I can to warn the world about JW's. Because I know there are literally thousands of kids out there in the organization who are going through the emotional turmoil that I did. If I can help one child to see through them and to plan for a future career then maybe they can be spared from making bad personal decisions based on the society's "armageddon is near" hogwash

Dave

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Ciara, I left you a message in your box, if you could, send me your email and I will get back with you. I look forward to meeting new members off this board, and could always use some help with picketing. thanks

Dave

• gespro
    gespro

Hey Dave.

Half of me is chomping at the bit over here to go to Duluth with you but the other half is exhausted.

I do identify with your anger and I have worked through alot of the contempt I have for the WT$ but as you said yourself, right now this is what you feel you should do. I would've joined you without hesitation 6 months ago! I live on the northside of Atlanta/. Come down I-75 and you'll be passing my house. Come on by and lets hang out. I have 2 other close friends who did their time in the Borg and they're still pretty angry as well. PM me. We should talk.

gespro

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Dave,

Freeminds has an interesting article on picketing (albeit, not conventions, but the Memorial) that you might want to peruse. Although a different setting, it might contain some ideas you might want to persue.

http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/picketingmemorial.htm

• Triple A
    Triple A

Is there times at the convetion that they have everybody stand up and do something?

If they do, why not try and fill a whole section with the sharpest looking JWs they have ever seen. Than when they have everybody stand, that section could remain seated.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Gespro, Check your message box, im writing you a message there. and kenneson thanks for the info there

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit