10,000 Witnesses in Moscow now have nothing to do...

by TresHappy 19 Replies latest social current

• Richie
    Richie

The Watchtower molds individuals with a persecution complex: early in childhood they are not allowed to play with children of other faiths, no reading of books or literature other than their own publications, no birthday parties, no holiday celebrations, no X-mas presents, no Easter egg hunts, no Halloween - and many many more. This certainly ensures the isolation that brings almost total seperation from all others in the community. The feelings of "persecution" begin early in the teen years: no saluting the flag or engaging in any religious activity, no school sports, plays, or social activities and no close association with "wordly classmates". The young person stands out as weird, different, and that is purely by design. The reaction from outsiders would convince the membership that they were being "persecuted" and "suffering for righteousness sake", a sure sign they were "in the truth". No wonder that countries gang up against the witnesses, not necessarily because they are "law abiding" citizens, but mostly because they are an unreasonably irritant cult.

Richie :*)

• FMZ
    FMZ

In related news... Moscow has just shot up to the number 1 country for clean windows! lol.

FMZ

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I agree with Johnny Cip - the WTS should start printing articles showing Marx and Lenin in a favorable light.

They may even get a library card for their efforts.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

They will try to cajole the witnesses in moscow to go out anyway, and some of them that do will get arrested.

• Panda
    Panda

Do you think the angels are weeping?

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think a ban will prevent them from practicing their religion .It may however weed out the hangers on or fence sitters . I have never met many that had much integrity .

• dh
    dh
    Avon's not illegal in Russia, is it?

pffahaha, non profit avon selling!

i think it's good that they are banned, i'm sure it will turn a lot of them into hardcore jw's, but if they stay banned, and they ban them throughout russia, i think a lot will disperse.

it would be great if sites like this and information available to english speaking jw's was available to all those in non english speaking countries and developing ones. maybe if we had details of these 10,000 jw's we could give them something to do and target them with the real truth, and real life stories of ex jw's.

• Ciara
    Ciara

Damn lucky ruskies......

Russia

Ciara

• JT
    JT

I am sad - seriously. All the JWs will now be saying "See we are persecuted -true Christians are persecuted -we are right and we are very deep in the last days" -- all this does is perpetuate the myth - I would rather governments just leave them alone ######### you are 110% correct- once again we see the rank and file jw, the kids take the beating ,while JR Brown and the boys enjoy thier district conventions flying all over the world staying with wealthy jw and enjoying lobster tails paid for by others- while some little old jw lady in Siberia has her food cut off due to belonging to jw and she is left thinking this suffering is for the kingdom or the jw kids 6, 8 ,10 ,14, yrs who will be beaten on just because of being brought up in this religion yep the rank and file jw up in the backwoods will suffer the most not THE BOY IN WRITING OR SERVICE SO SAD

• JT
    JT

The Watchtower molds individuals with a persecution complex: early in childhood they are not allowed to play with children of other faiths, no reading of books or literature other than their own publications, no birthday parties, no holiday celebrations, no X-mas presents, no Easter egg hunts, no Halloween - and many many more. This certainly ensures the isolation that brings almost total seperation from all others in the community. The feelings of "persecution" begin early in the teen years: no saluting the flag or engaging in any religious activity, no school sports, plays, or social activities and no close association with "wordly classmates". The young person stands out as weird, different, and that is purely by design. The reaction from outsiders would convince the membership that they were being "persecuted" and "suffering for righteousness sake", a sure sign they were "in the truth". No wonder that countries gang up against the witnesses, not necessarily because they are "law abiding" citizens, but mostly because they are an unreasonably irritant cult.

#######

HEY MAN EXCELLENT POST , sometimes and i understand- former jw get happy when the wt gets knocked down a peg in court systems, but the problem is the top dogs don't suffer

James Andrik is a wt lawyer who was quoted by the press about this case --- He used to work with me in the Bindery in the factory , they sent him to Brooklyn Law school he went over seas and studied International Law and is now sitting cozy up in Patterson SET for life

So he gets back on a plane and flies out of Russia after losing the case leaving rank and file jw to suffer, how sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit