What is a "Kingdom Hall" graduation?

by hubert 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hubert
    hubert

My j.w.-in-laws had a party for three young people recently. I asked if it was a High School graduation party? They said no, it was a "Kingdom Hall" graduation party. What does that mean?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Maybe they've decided to become apostates?

• desib77
    desib77

I'm going to take a guess at this but it could be completely off.

In my old K.Hall many young people were homeschooled and they would have graduation parties for them just the same as they would children who were in public school.

But, like I said, I'm just guessing. Anyone else know for sure?

Desi

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think Desi is right. I know my friend says that her church does the same thing for its home schoolers.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm guessing the same... the only way to know for sure is to go and ask them.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

When I lived in Red Bluff, CA we had about 14 kids that all "graduated" from the 8th grade during the same year. SO rather than having 14 different parties, we had one big, huge and very boring party.

For my high school graduation, I bought the booze with some of the money I got as gifts, and had a huge party I got so drunk I had tunnel vision, one guy (not a JW) got the tip of his finger bit off, my best friend, a JW, jumped off the top of a bridge and into the river, and that was just in the first hour). I also have the JC scars to prove it.

LABD

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Maybe they've decided to become apostates?

It's a goal all JWs should aspire to. Walter

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

One thing we DO know----is that NOBODY ever "graduates" from the Theocratic Ministry School! LOL!

• new light
    new light
    one guy (not a JW) got the tip of his finger bit off, my best friend, a JW, jumped off the top of a bridge and into the river, and that was just in the first hour). I also have the JC scars to prove it.

Now THAT'S a party! No one can say they're having fun until someone mutilates a digit. You go, Dawg!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit