What Got You Out of the Borg?

by L_A_Big_Dawg 21 Replies latest jw friends

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

I have looked for this topic today, and didn't find it. So I was wondering if you fine folks could tell me and others what was it exactly that got you out?

Sarcasm is welcome provided you tell us the real reason under it , this is because I am going to be using the responses in a class that I am giving on JWs, and I am looking for something fresh to give the students.

LABD

BTW, my leaving began I after throughly researched the Trinity brochure and came to the conclusion that they were at best sloppy scholars, or at worst outright decievers. As I continued to research the WTS, I began concluded that the WTS is a decpetive cult, that needs to control and micro-manage the lives of the rank-and-file in order to survive.

Thank you in advance for your help.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Hypocrytical Elders and their families. A general lack of love. A feeling that people TRULY were not thinking for themselves and would just accept anything they were told. I did this without the benefit of any "apostate" material. Two years after I was out I finally brought myself to reading some info on the witnesses and that pretty much just confirmed the feelings I already had.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

My brother getting DFed and everybody ignoring him and seeing the pain he's going through and me just thinking, how can that be christian-like? And different other things like how they loved the JWs oh so much (even though they didn't really love alot of them) And hated the world and everybody in it so much. That really got me.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Lack of love got me out, a new love got me somewhere else.

• jwbot
    jwbot

College and education

realizing my feminist beliefs.

reading about the history of the JWs and a history of the bible

seeing the lack of love

feeling lonely from friends and family ostrisizing me

gaining confidence in myself and my abilities

gaining independance

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

A reasonable mind that can't believe in fantasy crap. I'd sooner believe the stuff I read in Harry Potter before I believe the Bible.

• mineralogist
    mineralogist

It began with an Enzyclopedia i bought and guess what i looked up? ... Destruction of Jerusalem 587bce

So for me it was breaking up the information control because after that i read hours and hours on the internet. And also similarities to Orwells 1984 e.g. changing OWN history made me angry.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

My own experiences were such that bible verses (allegedly ascribed to by the WTS) like "God is love," "will be known for their intense love for one another," and the one about "ridiulers will come"....thankfully helped put to rest my belief that the WTS was God's own borganization on earth.

Becaussssssssse.....they only love to hate, evidenced by their ridicule of ppl from the podium during PUBLIC talks, wherein I've heard graphically descriptive terminology used to denote the df'ing offense of a pioneer sister guilty of fornication, and by their ridiculing of parents' efforts to get their offspring baptised, calling it "nepotism", when there IS NO criteria for baptism requirements in the scriptures, other than professed or evidential belief, and also by their engaging certain congregation members to "spy on" others in the congregation that they're trying to get "dirt" on so they can officially submit the questionable (in their minds) members to official public humiliation in some way, and their teachings to warn their members about "bad association", bringing into question the "worthiness" of even members who're supposedly in "good standing", so that one wonders how one is to know whether it's safe to associate with ANYONE, whether in the borg or out, and by the haughty replies I recv'd from the Gov. Potty, who, collectively, were unable to answer my questions concerning their stringent baptism requirements withing the borg, so they said, in essence, "we're too busy with the Kingdom interests (publishing and selling a lot of literature full of B.S.) and too elite to be writing you anymore", dismissing my questions as of little import.

The only thing the WTS is "channel of" is a baaaaaaad spirit of hatefulness and spite!

Respectfully,

Frannie B

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

left because i was invisible.

• Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

I wish I had some upstanding conscientious reasons for leaving but the truth is that I was 18, had just graduated from high school and there was a lot of pressure on me to pioneer and make the right JW decisions about my life after high school. I REALLY didn't want to pioneer - I couldn't stand going out in service! I began to have the feeling that I just wanted everyone to get off my back about it. I didn't plan or decide that doing drugs and having an affair with a married man would be the best way out --- but that's what happened. I got DF'ed and my life was a living nightmare for several years. I wish I could have been strong enough to speak my mind and just go to college. I was such a mess! But I also just knew intuitively that the Borg was not THE Truth(tm) -- although for a long time I harbored the fear of "what if they're right?"

Its so refreshing to be so far out of it and to really know that the Borg is packed full of lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit